• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel pricing is low right now.

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino
We are noticing that hotel pricing seems pretty low compared to previous years. In speaking with hoteliers, they have all expressed the difficulty that have had over the past year and many are just hanging on at this point. That said, their prices rival that of alberques in many places. A private room with bath for 2 in Porto near the cathedral - €58. A private room with bath for 2 in Vila do Conde across the street from the boat harbor - €38. A private room with bath for 2 on the main street in Esposende - €32. These have all been excellent locations, right on the Camino, sparkling clean and well staffed. I think these prices will rise as customers return but for now it is definitely a renters market. Please consider leaving a positive review for any place that deserves it. That helps us all.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are noticing that hotel pricing seems pretty low compared to previous years. In speaking with hoteliers, they have all expressed the difficulty that have had over the past year and many are just hanging on at this point. That said, their prices rival that of alberques in many places. A private room with bath for 2 in Porto near the cathedral - €58. A private room with bath for 2 in Vila do Conde across the street from the boat harbor - €38. A private room with bath for 2 on the main street in Esposende - €32. These have all been excellent locations, right on the Camino, sparkling clean and well staffed. I think these prices will rise as customers return but for now it is definitely a renters market. Please consider leaving a positive review for any place that deserves it. That helps us all.
I was thinking that when I booked my spots on Booking.com. The prices were very good for what you get. I didn't have anything to compare to other than comparing to other countries in Europe that I have travelled to.

I cancelled our 2020 reservations in July and rebooked for 2021. We stayed in private rooms every night during our 2019 camino. When rebooking for Sept - Oct 2021 camino most of the places charged the same rate as 2019, and the 2021 rates were mostly the same as the cancelled 2020 rates. Bob

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Right now I am on the Camino de Norte and sadly its not what I experience, prices are at least 20% higher than in 2018, some even more! Stayed at a simple Pension last night not very busy but charged full price!
No more Peregrino discounts.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm happy to pay it. We are at Hostel do Mar tonight in A Guarda and there's no bargain here compared to where we've been but in the grand scheme it's cheap. It's a clean, private room with a comfortable bed and bathroom on the beach in Spain. Ok, it's real dated but still, we're on the beach, almost a private beach in Spain, for €55, with good Spanish wine.

For sure one can not support all entrepreneurs, but if I were to choose, I would sponsor the albergues de pergrinos when walking a Camino! :)

AHHHH I remember walking into Vila do Conde my first stage of my Camino from Porto. I was delirious from fatigue, hunger and a blister, having bit off more that I could chew with a 20 lb pack and walking further that I should have that first day. (I know, I know). I checked into the Hotel Brazao and just cried when I saw my room had a deep large bathtub. What a gift, what a blessing! And a great full breakfast the next morning as part of the room price (38 euro in 2019).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back