• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel/Private Rooms

ccromero

I am planning to walk the Camino this May. i am planing to start in Pamplona and walk to Burgos. I have a health condition which requires me to sleep connected to a machine. I will need to have private rooms along the way. Is this possible? Could I plan to find hotels/private rooms in this route?

Thanks

Carlos

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Carlos!

I think that should be possible. I split my Camino between private rooms and albergues. On that stage I know I stayed in private rooms in Estella, Viana, Navarette, and Belorado at least. There was an up to date list of accommodation posted on this forum very recently.

You may want to consider booking ahead each day so you're not worrying about where you'll sleep, but if absolutely necessary you could get a taxi to the nearest hostal and then take you back the next morning.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In the albergue in Pontevedra I slept next to a man on a machine so it is also possible in albergues, you can always ask :)

sulu said:
In the albergue in Pontevedra I slept next to a man on a machine so it is also possible in albergues, you can always ask :)
Yes, and some albergues also have private rooms, so don't rule them out completely. Others can advise better than me about the albergues on your particular route.

Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I am looking for some information regarding hotels/private rooms along the Camino Frances from St. Jean to Logrono. My wife and I walked the Camino Frances over three years from 2007 on but we stayed mostly in albergues. I am now about to introduce a small group to the Camino at Easter and want to have the names of small reasonably priced places with single or small rooms, maybe with a bit of character. This is in case some of the group decide they want some comfort or to get away from my snoring!

So can any one out there in pilgrim land recommend nice places along the C. Frances? I can start the list by mentioning the Albergueria del Camino in Mansilla de las Mulas where we had a luxurious night.

thanks in advance
Pat Holland

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
La Posada in Roncesvalles is nice and has character, but not cheap by Camino standards.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back