• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel Sercotel Odeon in Naron

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
On Wednesday the 2ns September I land at SDC at 15:05. The bus to Ferrol leaves the bus station at 18:00 so I have plenty of time for a stress free chill before it leaves. I will arrive in Ferrol by bus at 19:20 and I have found a double/twin room in this 4* hotel in Naron for only 36 euros! So I will have an evening walk for the flat 6K along the seaside and shorten the next day to 23K. The hotel is only 300 metres off the way and next to some bars/restaurants so that will do me fine. Sunset that day will be 21:08 so I will enjoy it while I walk. Seems ideal to me! :) As they used to say in the A-Team - "I love it when a plan comes together." All of this makes me feel very relaxed and happy about my travel day. :):):)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That sounds great Al and I am anxious to hear every detail. Seems I am getting pretty infatuated with the thought of walking the Inglés.

Do it Mike!!!!
I walked it for charity in 2012. It was my first Camino and so I felt the weight of responsibility of needing to survive it. So this time it is just for me to enjoy. Last time was at the same time of year and I only saw half a dozen pilgrims along the way but I expect there will be more these days. But it has the responsibility of a first love as it got me hooked! I am not as fit as then and have to nurse my heel spur but then again I carried 10 kilos back then and now have it down to two and a half.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino Al
It sure is a wonderful life . Even the next few days of anticipation will be fun. I'm excited for you.

Annie

Just a few more days Al, Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back