• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel with airport shuttle for early flight from SdC

LakeMcD

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15' Portuguese 16' GR10/Norte/Primitivo 17' Chemin LePuy 18' Salvador/Prim/Kerry Way 19'
Hello everyone, I’m looking for advice on a hotel in Santiago de Compostela that offers free shuttle service to the airport for a 6:30 AM flight. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Gary

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello everyone, I’m looking for advice on a hotel in Santiago de Compostela that offers free shuttle service to the airport for a 6:30 AM flight. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Gary
Hi, Gary

Tripadvisor lists only one hotel with airport shuttle, and it is in Lavacolla. I have never seen any obvious hotel shuttle vans in Santiago, but maybe I don’t hang out in the right part of town. A taxi from the city to the airport is a flat rate 21 euros, and any hotel will call and reserve you one the night before. I have done this many times and never had a problem.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Gary,

I had an early flight last October. I stayed at Hotel Garcas and walked to the Airport in the morning (in light rain and the dark). It was perfect for me - I had a nice relaxing dinner and it was a 29 minute walk. They have pilgrim's rates, which I believe were 30 Euros.

You can take the bus from Plaza de Galicia (in front of Hotel Universal) the evening before to either directly in front of Hotel Garcas or the airport for 3 Euros. I actually continued past the hotel to the airport so I could confirm how close it was.

I had spent 6 nights in Santiago over the previous several weeks, or I might have wanted to stay closer in town so I could eat at A Taberna do Bispo one more time. But I guess I could have done that anyway and take the bus before 11:50pm.

¡Buen Camino!

Hotel Garcas Lavacolla.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here is the timetable of the buses from Santiago bus station to the airport.
I took the first, at 6:00 AM;, it is punctual. Makes half an hour.
I remember it does some stops in the city, particularly in the Praza (square) of Galicia, which is closer to downtown. Anyway, ask in your hotel or albergue.

You can also reserve your own cab by filling out the form at

It’s in Spanish, but even so I managed to fill it out, and my cab was waiting for me at 5:00am for the early flight to Madrid. And, yes, it was €21.00.
I’d suggest that 5:00 was a bit early, as the airport is mostly not open yet if you arrive too early for your flight.
It was easy and worked well for me.

All the best,
Paul

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
And the other option that no one has mentioned, for those who are strapped for cash, is to take the bus out the night before and sleep in the airport. There are many quiet spots, and apparently no one will bother you. There are posts on the from people who have done it, but I can’t find any of them now.

Hi, Gary

Tripadvisor lists only one hotel with airport shuttle, and it is in Lavacolla. I have never seen any obvious hotel shuttle vans in Santiago, but maybe I don’t hang out in the right part of town. A taxi from the city to the airport is a flat rate 21 euros, and any hotel will call and reserve you one the night before. I have done this many times and never had a problem.

Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks Laurie, I think that’s what we’ll do. We ran into Sandy Brown in Leon on the eve of our San Salvador. Your name came up in conversation as did Dave Whitson. I stand in admiration to the cumulative knowledge that the three of you have amassed offer years from your walks, and always given in generosity to those that ask. Many thanks to you all and others not mentioned.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Laurie, I think that’s what we’ll do. We ran into Sandy Brown in Leon on the eve of our San Salvador. Your name came up in conversation as did Dave Whitson. I stand in admiration to the cumulative knowledge that the three of you have amassed offer years from your walks, and always given in generosity to those that ask. Many thanks to you all and others not mentioned.
So very true!

We ran into Sandy Brown in Leon on the eve of our San Salvador. Your name came up in conversation as did Dave Whitson.

Ha, what a coincidence. The first time I met Sandy Brown was also in León on the eve of a Camino del Salvador. I think he was tempted to leave the Francés, but if I remember correctly, it was his first Francés, and leaving that camino family would have been too hard. León was also where I met @econodan and his wife, whom I later reunited with in the Plaza Obradoiro for a four hour wait for the fireworks on the feast of Santiago. Small world indeed.

Ha, what a coincidence. The first time I met Sandy Brown was also in León on the eve of a Camino del Salvador. I think he was tempted to leave the Francés, but if I remember correctly, it was his first Francés, and leaving that camino family would have been too hard. León was also where I met @econodan and his wife, whom I later reunited with in the Plaza Obradoiro for a four hour wait for the fireworks on the feast of Santiago. Small world indeed.
And me :D

Just to add re sleeping at the airport. I always took the last bus to the airport when I was flying out from Santiago. The airport is opened all night and very quiet so you can easily get few hours of rest before departure.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh my goodness, how could I not have thought of that?! The meeting in the pension hallway as you tried to get help with your phone. That was a different Salvador, though. I met Sandy and Dan within the space of a few hours. My meeting with you would have to wait another four or five years, but it was well worth the wait, K1!

The bus will cost a couple of Euros and it runs very regulary starting at 6:23 AM and then every 30 minutes until 11:53 PM.

Acquarios Hostel.jpg

Last edited:

Many Thanks,
Gary

I have booked for November at Hotel Ruta Jacobea in Lavacolla. It is apparently on the Camino and advertises free airport shuttle. I figure I’ll take the bus to Lavacolla, or maybe I’ll walk!
Rowena

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We ended up getting a very nice double room ensuite at Hotel Concherios for 48 euros a night and a prompt taxi ride at 5:00 for 21 euros. The staff at the hotel were super friendly and helpful as we had a bit of a snag with our Iberia tickets. Turns out the hotel clerk was also an Iberian agent and she took good care of us. The hotel is clean, modern, relatively new and an excellent place to stay.

We are now in Ireland walking the Kerry Way and it’s beautiful, but a bit wet.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back