A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Hotels actual in SJPdP

2020 Camino Guides

gagseymt

Camino(s) past & future
April 2016
I need to book a hotel for my first night before I start my Camino. Can anyone give me names of those actually located in SJPdP. Thank you.

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Check the list of some SJPdP hotels in Gronze.com. They are printed in black ink while pilgrim albergues are listed in brown ink.

Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Gabe

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances June/July 2015
If you are ok with staying in a pilgrim hostel, no need to book. Go to the pilgrim office to pick up your pilgrim passport (if you have not already done so) and they will ask if you already have somewhere to stay. A nice woman called up someone in town for me and booked a bed on the spot. It was great and very easy.

Maryimelda

If you want to have one last night of real comfort before you hit the road to SDC, I can highly recommend the Hotel Ramuntcho. It is only about 30 meters from the Pilgrim Office and right in the middle of the old town.

mountaingoat999

Camino(s) past & future
we are due out Jan 2016
I need to book a hotel for my first night before I start my Camino. Can anyone give me names of those actually located in SJPdP. Thank you.
hotel des pyreness its only 166 euros a night very nice ...good food.....

MTtoCamino

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francis SJPdP to Finnestere April(2014)
hotel des pyreness its only 166 euros a night very nice ...good food.....
I am shocked.. Really 166Euros? I stayed in alburgies the whole time most was 12 Euros.
I stayed in the first place I found no reservation needed the front door looked directly were you get your pilgrim passport. Across the very old street.

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés
Hi, there are very many hotels and chambre d’hotes (bed and breakfasts) to stay at in St Jean. Which end of the scale are you looking at? Budget (not many of those), or upmarket (lots of those). If it’s the budget end, then consider booking a private albergue, so you can start meeting other pilgrims. It can get a bit lonely in a room on your own, when everyone else around town looks like they are having fun. If it’s the upmarket end, then booking.com is probably the best choice for seeing what’s available. Jill

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
I just used booking.com

You can see where they are located via the maps on the site.

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
I am shocked.. Really 166Euros? I stayed in alburgies the whole time most was 12 Euros.
I stayed in the first place I found no reservation needed the front door looked directly were you get your pilgrim passport. Across the very old street.
166!

I paid about that for the Parador in Santo Domingo!

Sarah80

Camino(s) past & future
Plan to walk july 15
Hey

I'd say the price of hotels in SJPdP are pretty astronomical. I paid 75€ for a very basic and small room. If you are determined to splurge, forget the hotel, stick to a hostel, but enjoy the michelin star taster menu at the hotel Les Pyrenees

Mycamino Maya

Camino(s) past & future
April 1,2015
We spent the night this past April 1, and we did not book ahead so the pilgrims office booked us into a private room just next door to the office. We payed 25E for a double with breakfast. They are open until 10pm at the pilgrims office and very helpful. maya

joe g texas aggies

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santinago April/May 2015
This will probably be a highly controversial comment. I stayed at the Beilari earlier this year, based on good reviews. I was very disappointed. I did not think it was very clean and I did not like the pilgrim meal in the evening.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
This will probably be a highly controversial comment. I stayed at the Beilari earlier this year, based on good reviews. I was very disappointed. I did not think it was very clean and I did not like the pilgrim meal in the evening.
I have stayed in several albergues in SJPP and they too were not so clean and the food was disappointing, didn't have to pay anything for the scolding next morning as we tried to put our boots on quietly in the dark so as not to aggravate the neighbors.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 277 24.4%