• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels from Porto to SdC

dfox

Time of past OR future Camino
A group of 10 is planning to walk CP next May. Many of us can be awaken easily, they need private rooms and bath.

We greatly appreciate your comment on the following hotels and suggestions for alternatives:

Porto - Porta 33 Apartment
Vila do Conde - Santana Hotel and Spa
Barcelos - Residential Kuarenua&Um
Ponte de Lima - Casa da Vila
Rubiaes - Albergue Constantino Al
Tui - Hotel San Telmo
Tui - Albergue San Martin
Tui - Ideas Peregrinas
Porrino - Hotel Azul
Porrino - Hotel Internacional
Redondela - Apartmento Alvear Suite
Redondela - Apartmento Alvear Turistico Suite
Ponteverdra - Hotel Virgen del Camino
Caldas de Reis - Hotel Sena
Padron - Casa Antiga Do Monte
Padron - Albergue Pension Flavia
Padron - A Casa do Rio
SdC - Universal Hotel

Buen Camino

DF

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are willing to stop overnight in Valenca instead of Tui I would suggest Residencial Portas do Sol. It is situated in the old Fortaleza which would allow you time to explore this historic site. The man in charge is a Camino Angel. He drove to our hotel in Porrino to deliver the shoes I had left behind and refused any money. The accommodation is excellent and cheap. And, of course, Casa Fernanda after Barcelos. Also, if available, Hospidaria San Martin Pinario but you need to stipulate that you require pilgrim rooms (spartan, but ensuite)and located in a historical building opposite the cathedral, they have doubles and you need to book directly by telephone - easy using Google translate. If you try using Booking.com you will end up with the hotel prices for rooms apparently not much more luxurious than those offered to pilgrims. Breakfast is included and there is a good value restaurant for lunch and dinner. Bom Caminho!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that you require baths - neither of my suggestions as far as I am aware can offer that, only showers.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi - I just completed this exact route and here are my hotel recommendations. First of all I used the Booking.com app. It worked perfectly.

Vila do Conde - Santana Hotel and Spa - Stayed here. Convenient and clean. Had excellent breakfast. Did not use any of their spa facilities. I was too tired and just needed to sleep.

Barcelos - Residential Kuarenua&Um - Yup, stayed here too. It met the needs of weary travelers. It was reasonably priced, clean, on the Camino, Has a shared kitchen if you want to cook and an outdoor clothes line to dry your laundry. Don't miss the Pilgrims Mass in Barcelos, Very kind and friendly folks.

Ponte de Lima - Casa da Vila - Did not stay here. We stayed at Hotel Imperio do Norte. It was a welcome respite after a long day. It is right on the Camino. This is a beautiful town and worth spending a few extra hours. Again the hotel was clean and good for a 1 night stopover.

Rubiaes - We stayed at Qunita das Leiras - They might fit all 10 of you. After the climb up Alto Portela Grande, this was a welcome respite. It is run by a knowledgeable Pilgrims. Clean, friendly, well-situated. Nice to have use of a washer (no dryer). Excellent breakfast included. Cash only. No credit card. Only one restaurant in the area which you can walk to or if you prefer they will provide free transportation. Peaceful views and there is a swimming pool!.

Tui - Here is where I make one of my strongest recommendation - If you can book it I LOVED Hotel: A Torre do Xudeu - This is about the 1/2 point and the perfect spot to take a rest day. There is a reason why this is the #1 hotel in Tui. The location is perfect (right along the Camino), the accommodations are first rate. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lounge to peaceful and the outdoor gardens are magical. It is a short walk to the Cathedral (must see). On the Camino or not, this is my idea of a perfect small hotel.

Porrino - Did not stop in Porrino, walked all the way to Redondela

Redondela - Apartmento Alvear Suite - Stayed here. Simple, clean, good value.

Ponteverdra - Stayed at the Parador -It was perfectly located in a beautiful city. The hotel was clean, safe, friendly. The rooms were good and there were plenty of great places to eat nearby. Price was right too. I would stay there again,

Caldas de Reis - Hotel Sena - Did not stay here. But whatever you do don't stay at Balneario Acuna!!! - I generally write positive reviews, but when I come across a VERY BAD HOTEL, I can’t keep my mouth shut. Room had the smell of cigarettes and the bathroom smelled of sewage. The smell got worse and worse all night. It was so bad we left at day break. Would NOT recommend staying here. Also, The bathroom had a drying rack but they told us it only worked from 4 AM to 8 AM. The drying rack did not work at all. Find another hotel.

Padron - Stayed at Hotel Rivera - Loved it. Simple, Clean, Good Value, Convenient. Has amazing restaurant.

SdC - Here I would argue for the splurge and stay at the Parador next to the Cathedral. It is so worth it!!! Yes, it's a treat, but as you end your Camino in Santiago de Compostela this hotel is a well worth it. There is no better location as it is in the same square as the Cathedral. A wonderful breakfast is included. Even if you don't stay there, you can sign up for a tour (very limited availability) of the hotel with its rich history and four magnificent cloisters. Lots to learn about the history of this very special hotel. Friendly, beautiful rooms. Stay an extra night and soak in the beauty of Santiago de Compostela

Bom Caminho

Hotel Universal is actually our favorite of the 4 different hotels we’ve stayed at in Santiago. It’s a charmless, businesperson type of modern hotel, but by Spanish standards the rooms and beds are spacious, the soundproofing is good (both against the outside and the neighboring rooms), the air-conditioning worked well, and you can turn around in the bathroom. In short, while it lacks charm, it’s comfortable. And more affordable than more charming places we stayed in. It’s at the edge of the old city, but only 500 meters from the cathedral, and the airport bus is right downstairs. It’s on a busy plaza, but ask for rooms in back.
If you want affordable charm (even cheaper than Hotel Universal), get one of the pilgrim’s rooms in San Martin Pinario (per post #2). Monk-like rooms, however, and you’ll hear all your neighbors walking down the hall. Can’t beat the setting, however. Spectacular.

Hi - I just completed this exact route and here are my hotel recommendations. First of all I used the Booking.com app. It worked perfectly.

Vila do Conde - Santana Hotel and Spa - Stayed here. Convenient and clean. Had excellent breakfast. Did not use any of their spa facilities. I was too tired and just needed to sleep.

Barcelos - Residential Kuarenua&Um - Yup, stayed here too. It met the needs of weary travelers. It was reasonably priced, clean, on the Camino, Has a shared kitchen if you want to cook and an outdoor clothes line to dry your laundry. Don't miss the Pilgrims Mass in Barcelos, Very kind and friendly folks.

Ponte de Lima - Casa da Vila - Did not stay here. We stayed at Hotel Imperio do Norte. It was a welcome respite after a long day. It is right on the Camino. This is a beautiful town and worth spending a few extra hours. Again the hotel was clean and good for a 1 night stopover.

Rubiaes - We stayed at Qunita das Leiras - They might fit all 10 of you. After the climb up Alto Portela Grande, this was a welcome respite. It is run by a knowledgeable Pilgrims. Clean, friendly, well-situated. Nice to have use of a washer (no dryer). Excellent breakfast included. Cash only. No credit card. Only one restaurant in the area which you can walk to or if you prefer they will provide free transportation. Peaceful views and there is a swimming pool!.

Tui - Here is where I make one of my strongest recommendation - If you can book it I LOVED Hotel: A Torre do Xudeu - This is about the 1/2 point and the perfect spot to take a rest day. There is a reason why this is the #1 hotel in Tui. The location is perfect (right along the Camino), the accommodations are first rate. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lounge to peaceful and the outdoor gardens are magical. It is a short walk to the Cathedral (must see). On the Camino or not, this is my idea of a perfect small hotel.

Porrino - Did not stop in Porrino, walked all the way to Redondela

Redondela - Apartmento Alvear Suite - Stayed here. Simple, clean, good value.

Ponteverdra - Stayed at the Parador -It was perfectly located in a beautiful city. The hotel was clean, safe, friendly. The rooms were good and there were plenty of great places to eat nearby. Price was right too. I would stay there again,

Caldas de Reis - Hotel Sena - Did not stay here. But whatever you do don't stay at Balneario Acuna!!! - I generally write positive reviews, but when I come across a VERY BAD HOTEL, I can’t keep my mouth shut. Room had the smell of cigarettes and the bathroom smelled of sewage. The smell got worse and worse all night. It was so bad we left at day break. Would NOT recommend staying here. Also, The bathroom had a drying rack but they told us it only worked from 4 AM to 8 AM. The drying rack did not work at all. Find another hotel.

Padron - Stayed at Hotel Rivera - Loved it. Simple, Clean, Good Value, Convenient. Has amazing restaurant.

SdC - Here I would argue for the splurge and stay at the Parador next to the Cathedral. It is so worth it!!! Yes, it's a treat, but as you end your Camino in Santiago de Compostela this hotel is a well worth it. There is no better location as it is in the same square as the Cathedral. A wonderful breakfast is included. Even if you don't stay there, you can sign up for a tour (very limited availability) of the hotel with its rich history and four magnificent cloisters. Lots to learn about the history of this very special hotel. Friendly, beautiful rooms. Stay an extra night and soak in the beauty of Santiago de Compostela

Bom Caminho
My sis and I stayed at Balearic Acuña on June 10 2017 and had a wonderful experience. Our room, with fluffy white bathrobes waiting, was just across from the heavenly pool. We indulged in a pilgrim's spa experience which included warm water
Jets and a leg massage(19 euro) and ate a yummy spaghetti Bolognese dinner in the patio. It was the best place ever for us.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Bom Caminho

Hi David,
Heart-fully appreciate sharing of your experience.
DF

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.