• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels in Santiago

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Stayed in Costa Vella in 2015 and was very nice and great location. Nice resturant attached and gardens in the rear. About a 5 minute walk to cathedral.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We stayed in the Aíras Nunes in 2016, things do change but it would take some very poor management to run such a nice place into the ground.
Clean rooms, moderately priced. There was, I seemed to recall, coffee/tea making equipment in the room. We had a room overlooking the street so you might get some noise from passers by though I don't think it bothered us.
One thing I do remember is the quality of the pastries in the cafe downstairs and the fact that while the reception desk isn't always manned you can gain access 24hrs a day through a door code.
Would always consider this on my list of where to stay in SdC.

Hello fellow pilgrims. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at hotel Aíras Nunes or Costa Vella in Santiago. If so, would you recommend either. Many thanks

PS. Any recommendations would be much appreciated 👍
In Google Maps Nunes 4.4, Vella 4.7 so both but Vella has more positive comments and higher rating

We stayed in the Aíras Nunes in 2016, things do change but it would take some very poor management to run such a nice place into the ground.
Clean rooms, moderately priced. There was, I seemed to recall, coffee/tea making equipment in the room. We had a room overlooking the street so you might get some noise from passers by though I don't think it bothered us.
One thing I do remember is the quality of the pastries in the cafe downstairs and the fact that while the reception desk isn't always manned you can gain access 24hrs a day through a door code.
Same. We traveled last November. The 24 hour code was nice and allowed us to check in very early and leave our bags so we could go to Mass without our backpacks. Small room, right on the street. The noise did not bother us at all.. Nice tea/coffee making and a bottle of water. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello fellow pilgrims. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at hotel Aíras Nunes or Costa Vella in Santiago. If so, would you recommend either. Many thanks

PS. Any recommendations would be much appreciated 👍
In 2017, we stayed in the Rosa Rosae hotel. A comfortable hotel and a good breakfast. It is a ten minute stroll from the Cathedral.
Cheers!2D5173A7-98D4-4FC7-B830-93EECAF39C70.jpeg

I have stayed here recently and I would recommend it too. Still clean, still has the coffee/tea making equipment.
There's no reception desk now, due to Covid, just the door codes. They also have lockers in case you need to store luggage for a while after check-out time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If staying at the Costa Vella, especially on a weekend, ask for a room overlooking the gardens rather than the street, as they are much quieter. A lovely place.

Hotel Capital Galicia - a block from the BIG Mall., 20 min from the Cathedral. Excellent Family owned / run Hotel.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We have stayed at Aíras Nunes 5 of 6 times while in Santiago. The location is very central, and despite being located on a busy street, we never had issues with noise (and my husband is a very poor sleeper). Reception staff has always been very helpful with transportation to train/airport/bus, luggage storage, etc. I personally like the self check-in option after hours, knowing that you can get in without having to wait for someone.

Haven't stayed at either one, but I am a big fan of (and was pleasantly surprised by) Hostal Suso. Very near Cathedral, next to the tourism office. Same family runs the Bar and the Hostal upstairs. Extremely comfortable and really nice people.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We have stayed at Aíras Nunes 5 of 6 times while in Santiago. The location is very central, and despite being located on a busy street, we never had issues with noise (and my husband is a very poor sleeper). Reception staff has always been very helpful with transportation to train/airport/bus, luggage storage, etc. I personally like the self check-in option after hours, knowing that you can get in without having to wait for someone.
Thank you - very helpful

Haven't stayed at either one, but I am a big fan of (and was pleasantly surprised by) Hostal Suso. Very near Cathedral, next to the tourism office. Same family runs the Bar and the Hostal upstairs. Extremely comfortable and really nice people.
Thank you for your suggestion

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have stayed here recently and I would recommend it too. Still clean, still has the coffee/tea making equipment.
There's no reception desk now, due to Covid, just the door codes. They also have lockers in case you need to store luggage for a while after check-out time.
Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Same. We traveled last November. The 24 hour code was nice and allowed us to check in very early and leave our bags so we could go to Mass without our backpacks. Small room, right on the street. The noise did not bother us at all.. Nice tea/coffee making and a bottle of water. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Thank you - appreciated

in Santiago, I really like Hotel Virxe da Cerca.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.