• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels near Chamartin station, Madrid.

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi All. I'll be in Madrid in a couple of months on the way to the Camino and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for hotels near the station. I'll have no time for any sightseeing due to a late night flight and early train so would prefer to be walking distance from the station than in the centre. There seem to be a couple off Plaza Castilla that look OK but the ones immediately by the station get bad reviews. Any hidden gems? Muchas gracias!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I wandered around Chamartin trying to find a place. The only hotel I found was a four star hotel in the train station. I didn't try it as four star is out of my price range.

There are lots in downtown area near SOL metro station. The metro connects downtown to Chamartin so walking doesn't need to be a consideration.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't know any good hotel around Chamartin. But better than going to the crowded and noisy area of Sol I would prefer, for instance, the nh-hotel in C/ Alcalá 66. It's very near metro Principe de Vergara (line 9). It's about 20 minutes to Plaza de Castilla and then it's only one more station to Chamartin in line 10. More or less 30-35 minutes. Besides Goya it's very near with a lot of places to have dinner. I don't have any economic interest related to NH.

Hi All. I'll be in Madrid in a couple of months on the way to the Camino and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for hotels near the station. I'll have no time for any sightseeing due to a late night flight and early train so would prefer to be walking distance from the station than in the centre. There seem to be a couple off Plaza Castilla that look OK but the ones immediately by the station get bad reviews. Any hidden gems? Muchas gracias!

I stayed at the NH hotel across the street from the Atocha train station. There are 2 with in a block of the train station and both are very nice. I was able to take the train to Leon where I started the Camino and then back from Santiago. I also got a great apartment at 'Apartamentos Atocha 107 ' while touring Madrid for a little more then the hotel but it was very modern and only a block further from the train station. The metro station is nearby and you can take the metro anyplace. Used 'Booking.com' to book them both.

I think whari refers to the Husa Chamartin Hotel: http://www.hotelhusachamartin.com/EN/hotel.html

It is 4 stars, but I didn't think it was outrageously priced. I ended up not geting to Charmartin Station and getting on a bus to T4 Barajas.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks very much everyone. I'll bear the more central ones in mind for the way back when I'll have more time to see the city. Some of the higher category places around Chamartin seem not too expensive on booking.com etc if booked well in advance, but none seem to get particularly good reviews. I definitely want to avoid what happened after my first Camino when I stayed in Barcelona on the way home and they were charging 100 euros for a 1 star if you just showed up on the night. Thanks again!

Hi tyrrek,

There are plenty of decent hotels around the chamartin station in madrid with ratings of 8 out of 10 that cost around € 50. Go to booking.com and filter in chamartin. I believe you will find very decent lodging in the area.

Good luck on your search. Buen camino.

I have stayed in the Husa Chamartin which is in the station building and the Tryp across the road in Calle de Mauricio Ravel , I found both to be very good for early morning getaways with the Tryp probaly the better of the two, neither were really expensive the Husa is the cheapest

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed 19/10/2013 at Hostal Avenida in Barajas, one Metro stop from the airport, and was very satisfied. 46€ included breakfast.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back