• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Hotels/Pension etc between Porrino and Redondela

Aleph

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues
Need your kind help...
we are doing the camino Portugues and we we need an hotel/pension between Porrino and Pontevedra

We have a stop in Tui... but we do not want to do Tui-Redondela... (because of physical condition - its about 33 Km...)
So we are looking for a stop around Mos or after e.g. between Porrino and Redondela

I can't find anything on Hotels.com / Booking.com etc

Many thanks for helping
luis

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not much walking distance between porriño and redindela. There's an albergue just before mos. best option may be to stay in porriño, there are two or three hotel/pensiones there. Redondela is much more interesting though. And arcade has options. Definitely booking and or tripadvisor should give options for these three.
Good luck

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, a couple of years ago I arranged accommodation right next to the beach in Cesantes (just after Redondela). That day walked from Tui to Mos and stopped at the bar at the bottom of the hill and just below the Albergue. The bar phoned a taxi and it picked up my group 30 mins later at the top of the hill. Next morning arranged for the taxi driver to pick us up and drop off where we finished. Then walked on to Arcade. From memory, fare was about €20 for four of us. Otherwise there is the Albergue in Mos and I believe there may also have been basic accommodation directly across the road from it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not much walking distance between porriño and redindela. There's an albergue just before mos. best option may be to stay in porriño, there are two or three hotel/pensiones there. Redondela is much more interesting though. And arcade has options. Definitely booking and or tripadvisor should give options for these three.
Good luck
Hi . This link might be of some help...
https://www.gronze.com/etapa/tui/redondela
thanks -
I know it is only 15 or 16 Km from Porrino to Redondela but as mentioned those 15 Km make a total journey of over 31 or 32 and I am not sure we can do it... if we have to we will but I guess it will be our mind that will make it happen..... so I am trying to get something *before* Redondela

The link is helpful though - many thanks

Apologies, seems my memory did not serve me well. It was just a cafe/bar opposite the Albergue, not accommodation.
Camiño da Rua https://goo.gl/maps/dKo1ShgA7L72
Miguel
many thanks!

this actually might be a GREAT idea... e.g. to get accommodation somewhere near (by car.... ) e.g. Redondela etc and then come back also by car to the exact place and then walk ....
that way, if we can't walk, we could stop e.g. a few KM after Porrino and then restart from there the next day

That is what you did right? or did I misunderstand you?

We DO WANT to walk the whole way... we know it will cause pain and we are willing to get the spirit/mind to do it... but if the body fails we want still to do it

this might be the solution
it is what you mean right?

Cheers
luis

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes that was what I meant. We stopped just beyond Mos at the top of a steep hill so as not to have to do that first thing the next morning. We stayed at the Hotel Antolin in Cesantes because of its location on the beach but you could easily go back to Porrino for the night instead.

Hi, a couple of years ago I arranged accommodation right next to the beach in Cesantes (just after Redondela). That day walked from Tui to Mos and stopped at the bar at the bottom of the hill and just below the Albergue. The bar phoned a taxi and it picked up my group 30 mins later at the top of the hill. Next morning arranged for the taxi driver to pick us up and drop off where we finished. Then walked on to Arcade. From memory, fare was about €20 for four of us. Otherwise there is the Albergue in Mos and I believe there may also have been basic accommodation directly across the road from it.

We also did the same thing in Cesantes - Hotel Antolin right on the water. It is one of my happiest memories on the CP!

Certainly a great location and with a waymarked path back to the CP if staying there and not using the taxi method. I have stayed there 3 or 4 times now and the "obligatory" dip in the Estuary is always refreshing (as is the accompanying Cuba Libre ).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fwiw, why not stay the night at Porrino?
I recommend the Hostal Expo (via Booking.com) - it is BRILLIANT!! Daniel the owner will pick you up from Porrino centre, and return you the following morning.
(The hostal is about 5kms from Porrino)
Daniel and his wife are most welcoming, the rooms are very comfortable, the food is good, and the rates are very reasonable.
One of the best places I've ever stayed on camino.

Back