• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hours of Santiago Airport?

MeganG22

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-->SdC
(Oct3-Nov3 2012)
Pamplona-->SdC
(Oct1-Oct29 2014)
Upcoming!
Pamplona-->SdC
May 1-? 2017
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can provide any insight here... After being in Santiago for many days, I am leaving tomorrow morning on a 6:45am flight. Since the bus doesn't start running until 6am, I figured I would just take the midnight bus up there tonight and just hang out....

I know not much AT the airport will be open, but my main question is will the airport itself even be open? Will I be able to find a quiet corner to curl up in and not be stuck outside? I am also very close to just checking in at the San Martin and cabbing it in the morning ;) Any thoughts would be great!

Off to hang out at Pilgrim House for a while- such a wonderful place! And I was lucky enough to meet Ivar there last week just by chance! Those Camino moments, I'm telling ya... :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry I don't know about the airport but as the last bus leaves the city at 23:30 and you have to be able to check in some hours before your flight I imagine that it may well be open. As regards Ivar, Isn't he a lovely man! I always make a point of going to see him to thank him for the daily gift he gives us. He and John are up for a coffee if you find them and ask.

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can provide any insight here... After being in Santiago for many days, I am leaving tomorrow morning on a 6:45am flight. Since the bus doesn't start running until 6am, I figured I would just take the midnight bus up there tonight and just hang out....

I know not much AT the airport will be open, but my main question is will the airport itself even be open? Will I be able to find a quiet corner to curl up in and not be stuck outside? I am also very close to just checking in at the San Martin and cabbing it in the morning ;) Any thoughts would be great!

Off to hang out at Pilgrim House for a while- such a wonderful place! And I was lucky enough to meet Ivar there last week just by chance! Those Camino moments, I'm telling ya... :)
Nice to have met you as well!

Regarding the airport, I would maybe think of getting a taxi (to avoid spending the night at the airport). A taxi from the city center to the airport is €21,- (fixed rate).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nice to have met you as well!

Regarding the airport, I would maybe think of getting a taxi (to avoid spending the night at the airport). A taxi from the city center to the airport is €21,- (fixed rate).

Thanks Ivar! After posting and pondering, I went ahead and checked back into my albergue ;) Thank you for the advice! Definitely think it's the best option.

I think the airport security as well as tax free area are closed at nights and will open at 6 am.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back