• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How addictive is the Camino?

super7

Cycled to Santiago in 2004 (return trip with a total of just over 5400 km in 8 weeks), and not a day goes by that I'm not thinking about the trip and cycling parts of the route in my mind.

The more time passes the more I realize that I want to experience the whole thing over again, hopefully within a couple of years when my boss will allow me to have another 8 week's holiday. Sure, I had some bad experiences on the Spanish campingsites (some were extremely noisy after 12:00 at night), and the occassional driver who appeared to hate cyclists on the road, but fortunate the good memories become stronger over the years.

Are there more people out there with a similar experience, and if so, is it curable? :roll:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jan,

(het gaat gewoon niet meer over.......) :D

It will never disappear!

Paul

Daar was ik al bang voor. 'k Zal me baas alvast inlichten over toekomstige vakantie plannen.

I thought so, better inform my manager that I will need more and longer holidays in the near future.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
addiction

Camino-itis is a non curable disease and sufferers continually try and find like minded souls who share the same illness!
Judy

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Hi all I am considering cycling the coastal route but wondered if any / many albergues have minimum cycling distances. Eg do I have to ride a minimum amount per day to be able to stay in an...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back