• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How and where can I obtain the pilgrim passports in Ferrol?

Louis C

Time of past OR future Camino
CF
I intend to walk the Camino Ingles from Ferrol. Can any one advise me where in Ferrol can I obtain the pilgrim passport? I know that there are tourists offices at the following points. BUt I do not know if they have the passports for sale. They are:

(1) OFICINAS MUNICIPALES DE TURISMO DE FERROL at

(a) Magdalena, 56. 15402, Teléfono: 981 944 272; and

(b) Muelle de Curuxeiras, Teléfono: 618 522 527; and

(2) XUNTA DE GALICIA TOURIST OFFICE at

(c) Edif. Admtvo. Plaza Camilo José Cela. Teléfonos: 981311179 / 981337131.

Louis

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you have time I would try to get one before you get there. I have not been there when the office was open and I have only been able to get photo copied pages from the albergues. I already have one to use when I walk the Inglés again next month.

If you have time I would try to get one before you get there. I have not been there when the office was open and I have only been able to get photo copied pages from the albergues. I already have one to use when I walk the Inglés again next month.

Dear Mike,

Many thanks to you.

Louis

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I did the Ingles I was only given a scrappy A4 sheet of paper in the Tourist Office, later I met people who had a proper credencial from the Cathedral (pro-cathedral I think) but there was no-one there when I entered at 2 p.m. As the others have said it is better to get one before :)

I intend to walk the Camino Ingles from Ferrol. Can any one advise me where in Ferrol can I obtain the pilgrim passport?

I had no trouble getting a credencial from the Cathedral. Had to wait 15 minutes until they got back from coffee break.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked the Ingles this spring (2017). Was one of the best, if not the best, Caminos I have done!

Got passport at Hotel Silva. Also, was no problem getting one at the Tourist Office.

Tourist Office should still be at Plaza de Espana. Small stand alone building in the Plaza.

There "should" be one at the Tourist Office. But, could be out of them or the Tourist Office is closed when you are there. So, I got mine at Hotel Silva.

Hotel Silva is clean and not expensive. Can pick up the Camino from Hotel Silva by walking down the street and hooking up with the Camino. I did from the port (actual starting point) to the circle (where I would pick up the Camino the next morning) the day before.

Down the street a few blocks from Hotel Silva is a excellent self laundry.

As a child I spent many years in Ferrol. Things have gone down some in Ferrol over the years

Interesting Naval Musumes in Ferrol. Actually very nice! One for Spanish Navy other for commercial ship building.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got ours from American Pilgrims on the Camino before we arrived in Spain. Does your country have a similar organization?

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back