• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How arduous is the walk to Finistère or Muxía

LorneB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - Porto to Vigo, 2017; Vigo to SDC to Muxia, 2018
Hey, there.

Would welcome the thoughts of those in the know. I’m now in the final stages of the Portugues to Santiago, and had been looking at going on to Finisterre or Muxía afterwards. Would have four days at most, and am wondering how arduous it is compared to the Coastal Portugues, which is my frame of reference. Depending on how demanding it is, I may consider the spiritual variation of the CP instead.

Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey, there.

Would welcome the thoughts of those in the know. I’m now in the final stages of the Portugues to Santiago, and had been looking at going on to Finisterre or Muxía afterwards. Would have four days at most, and am wondering how arduous it is compared to the Coastal Portugues, which is my frame of reference. Depending on how demanding it is, I may consider the spiritual variation of the CP instead.

Thank you!

IMHO both routes are comparable. I walked from SdC in four days as a Camino on it's own and found it very doable. And you will be much stronger seeing you already have been walking and have built up stamina and strength.
The first sight of the ocean at Finisterrre was for me more emotional than seeing Santiago's cathedral.
Enjoy!

It is hilly, but not badly so, BUT it can be a bit touristy, especially Finisterre, so my personal choice would be the Variante Espiritual. Buen Camino, SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks, Jill.

Just posted the following on the Spiritual Variant forum, but thought I’d add it here too in light of what I started:

Hey, there.

May be opting for the Spiritual Variant. What’s the boat ride like? Sail boat? Motor? Big? Small? Smooth? Choppy? I’ll spare you the details, but me and riding on the water haven’t always gotten along so well :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The route to Finishers is not arduous the route itself was very peaceful ,late September, compared to the main routes and an emotional ending.

I have made a vow to never be in Spain and not see Finisterre. The walk is very doable and I simply love Finisterre. That said, if I walk the Caminho Portuguese again, I will walk the coast. I did the central last time, and think the coast would be a wonderful alternative.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did the Camino Frances, SJPdP, last Fall and finished my experience in Finisterre. For me, climbing out of Santiago, looking at the cathedral as the sun rose the next morning and then walking through the mountains to see the coast and ultimately arrive at the 0 Km marker was magical and very moving. The walk was stunning, the sunrises and sunsets spectacular and the paths a little quieter. Personally, one of my favorite stages. It is all wonderful...I am going to walk the Camino Portuguese this fall and can't wait to be back on the way again. Buen Camino!

Gayden

I have made a vow to never be in Spain and not see Finisterre. The walk is very doable and I simply love Finisterre. That said, if I walk the Caminho Portuguese again, I will walk the coast. I did the central last time, and think the coast would be a wonderful alternative.

Hi. I don’t have a gram of reference, as it’s only the coastal that I know, but it’s wonderful.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Sigh. I meant “frame,” not gram!!

Yes the walk today from A Picota to Cee wasn’t a bundle of laughs. Rain, fog, mist all the way. Couldn’t see the sea at Cee until I could virtually touch it ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Spiritual Varient is a little bit extra from Pontevedra - Armenteira - Villa Nova derousa, then a boat to Padron, where it rejoins Portuguese way. Absolutely beautiful and very peaceful. So so recommend it!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back