Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

How are things on the Portuguese now?

Past OR future Camino
Hello ,I am trying to make up my mind if I will do a camino from Porto starting at the end of September this year. are they enough albergues open? Is booking ahead advisable? I have read on other threads about great difficulties getting beds from Sarria to SDC right now, would it be similar for the last 100 km on the Portugese in late September/early October?

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Have you thought about doing the Camino Sanabres (VDLP) from Ourense? It is a little more than 100K if you want to get a Compostela. According to Gronze virtually all the albergues are open. The are albergues/hostels/pensions that are open if you want break up the long stages between Cea and Outeiro, I will not know until I walk the VDLP later this year how lovely this section is but I am sure it is a far less crowded camino then if you start in Tui. It might be a good alternative.

musicman

Ensuitepilgrim
Past OR future Camino
2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
Have you thought about doing the Camino Sanabres (VDLP) from Ourense? It is a little more than 100K if you want to get a Compostela. According to Gronze virtually all the albergues are open. The are albergues/hostels/pensions that are open if you want break up the long stages between Cea and Outeiro, I will not know until I walk the VDLP later this year how lovely this section is but I am sure it is a far less crowded camino then if you start in Tui. It might be a good alternative.
Good advice - I enjoyed this section immensely .

Past OR future Camino
Thank you, I will look at this option

When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
My research so far is off putting for that route as I'm reading reports of overgrowth with lots of thorns and briers due to lack of footfall
I am not sure where you are getting your information regarding this. I have never read that before but that does not mean it is not true. I would recomend gettinng in touch with @peregrina2000, @C clearly or @Kanga who have all walked the VDLP and are a wealth of knowledge. I would also post your findings in a thread on the VDLP forum to see if others have encountered these issues. Take care

Past OR future Camino
I am not sure where you are getting your information regarding this. I have never read that before but that does not mean it is not true. I would recomend gettinng in touch with @peregrina2000, @C clearly or @Kanga who have all walked the VDLP and are a wealth of knowledge. I would also post your findings in a thread on the VDLP forum to see if others have encountered these issues. Take care
I think I read it on Gronze forum, I will try to find it for you

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings