• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How busy is (the albergues at) El Camino del Norte in June?

stefanie91

Time of past OR future Camino
july 2013
Hi everyone,

I am heading for the Northern Way in a few days, and I am very excited to go, since I have already walked the French Way and the stretch from Irun til Bilbao at the Norte (where I was camping at the woods) - and something seemed to drag me back to Spain :)

This time I am traveling on my own on a low budget, and thus I have expectations to head for the cheapest albergues. I am a trained walker and like to walk all day and enjoy the afternoons where most of the pilgrims have already arrives to their destinations. Hence I want to know if anyone knows about the density of pilgrims at the route and the albergues in June? Is it possible to get a cheap bed, even if you are arriving late in the afternoon or the evenings?

For me, the most amazing thing about walking is, that you don't have to worrying about rush and deadlines :)

Best regards
Stefanie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone,

Hi Stefanie! I'm Shiv from Ireland! I am heading this week also and a similar thing. I prefer to walk much longer than the usual (stopping at lunch time). I also want to complete the Camino Frances in 23 days so I plan for loooong days of walking. :) I also hope that the albergues won't fill up. Some people say that if you ring ahead to an albergue then they can reserve a bed for you. Hopefully it won't be a problem! Buen Camino! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back