• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How busy is the Camino Fisterra?

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
Having spent a few totally wonderfully solitary days walking the Ruta do Mar (with a few side trips) I will soon be rejoining Camino society on the Camino Ingles. I then plan to walk to Finisterre but am concerned about how many other pilgrims I am likely to meet. Does anyone have a feeling as to how busy this route is likely to be? I found it difficult last year after a peaceful VdlP to be surrounded by so many new pilgrims, many of whom seemed very rowdy.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wondering the samething as I am alone in my albergue tonight, and I suspetc the whole town!

As I said in an earlier thread, a lot of the pilgrims that I met in Santiago walked on to Finisterre/Muxia (with Muxia being slightly less popular) to "escape the crowds". Buen Camino, SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm currently in Finnisterre, and there are lots of pilgrims, it's difficult to quantify absolute numbers, but arrived at 1400 and easily got beds for myself and my grandson.
I would recommend booking though and would recommend Albergue Oceanus 069821302 It's probably the best and cleanest Albergue I've stayed in since Cadiz.
Regards
George
PS It's more or less opposite the Coviran supermarket.

Last edited:
I'm currently in Finnisterre, and there are lots of pilgrims, it's difficult to quantify absolute numbers, but arrived at 1400 and easily got beds for myself and my grandson.
I would recommend booking though and would recommend Albergue Oceanus 069821302 It's probably the best and cleanest Albergue I've stayed in since Cadiz.
Regards
George
PS It's more or less opposite the Coviran supermarket.

George, are you ahead of time? Are we still on for the 26th?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Maggie.
Most definitely YES.
The three days from SdeC, there have been more pilgrims than I can remember. (and I'm talking from 7 years experience)
Definitely stay at Oceanus and book ahead.
I know you don't like too, but I would consider booking the complete route, San Jose, O Herros, Oceanus.
As to the 26th, Casa Manolo at 8pm?
Best regards
George

Hi Maggie.
Most definitely YES.
The three days from SdeC, there have been more pilgrims than I can remember. (and I'm talking from 7 years experience)
Definitely stay at Oceanus and book ahead.
I know you don't like too, but I would consider booking the complete route, San Jose, O Herros, Oceanus.
As to the 26th, Casa Manolo at 8pm?
Best regards
George

Thanks for the advice.
Definitely a date - Casa Manolo it is. really looking forward to seeing you

I'd be interested to know how busy the Camino Finistere will be closer to September when I walk from Santiago to Finistere and back. I prefer not to book ahead as I like spontaneity.

David

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am planning to walk to Finnistere once I rest in Santiago a bit, I'm finding it really hard to get any info on how or where to get the credential for it, and albergue info along the way as I know it's scarce. I plan to try to give myself 5 days to get there. Then bus from Finnistere back to Santiago.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Hi, go to the Galician Tourist office in Rua Vilar, they are very helpful there and will give you everything you need.
Petro

Last edited:
I am planning to walk to Finnistere once I rest in Santiago a bit, I'm finding it really hard to get any info on how or where to get the credential for it, and albergue info along the way as I know it's scarce. I plan to try to give myself 5 days to get there. Then bus from Finnistere back to Santiago.

Have also a look here http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/epilogo-a-fisterra/ As for credential, you use the same one as on the Camino to Santiago. Buen Camino, SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED[/Q

There is no special credencial for this route, other than some made by some hostels or using the tourist guide published by the Xunta. Just get the Brierley guide for that route, or eroski, and your regular credencial.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back