• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How can Australian Pilgrims get credencials and passports

tsetsgee

Time of past OR future Camino
October (2013)
We are 2 Pilgrims from Australia and are wondering if it is possible to get credentials and passports in advance without joining with anyone. I have seen that it can be done in the US and UK but can it be done in australia, or can we get them from overseas?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Australian friends of the Camino has approved Australian credentials but doesn't sell them, you need to become a member.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Depending on where you are planning to start, it often isn't necessary to get them in advance. They are easy to obtain from the pilgrim's offices in SJPP and Roncesvalles. And you can ask for them in other albergues- eg my first one had nearly run out when I reached Astorga, and I was able to get a new one from the municipal albergue when I checked in there.
Margaret

A 'credencial' and a pilgrim's passport are one and the same thing.
You can get one at the Pilgrims Office in St jean, at the Abbey albergue in Roncesvalles, at the Cathedral in Pamplona and most other towns along the Camino.

Kiwinomad06 and sillydoll We were just hoping to get them early is all, Jonny Walker I did email the blog link that you sent me but I have had no reply as yet. And ffp13 I will check it out thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We have got them from CSJ in the UK. You need to pay in pounds and pay for postage - so not the cheapest option, but reassuring if you want to have them before you leave Oz.

Also we have contacts in Spain if anyone wants to be put in touch with Spanish speaking Australians who can can help with credentials etc.

Just send us a PM.

Jason.

As mentioned by ffp13, you can get your credential from the Australian Friends of the Camino, based in Adelaide. Conact http://www.afotc.org. The membership fee is $20 per annum and you can get your credential free if you are a member and you also get their newsletter. I will also send you a PM. David

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I got mine sent to Perth using the link at the bottom of this page from the Peterbrough pilgrims - arrived within a week and i sent them a donation...

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back