Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

How can We Help more Camino Businesses?

Year of past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Hi @ivar

I just want to say thank you for all the work you are doing in keeping us updated, and particularly for enabling us to help support Camino Businesses in need, by listing them here.

Like many others, every now and then I go through the listing and try to help a few of them. A little here and there, if we make it consistent, I'm sure helps.

I see that some GoFundMe pages have already reached their targets, which is fantastic. But I suspect those targets were set many months ago, with little comprehension of how long this would all last. I wonder if there is a way of 'checking in' to see how they are going?

But as I look through the listings, the thing that strikes me, is that there are really not that many Camino Businesses listed.

On the VdlP for example there are only two. And many Caminos have no listings.
In my research for a VdlP Camino, whenever that might be, I come across 'closed' Albergues on the Gronze site.
Very sad.

Is there perhaps something we can do as members to help expand the listing?

Keep up the great work.

And Best Wishes to Your Family.

Sorry about the 'Live from Camino' Prefix. It wouldn't let me post with a prefix for some reason.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
I did a search on GoFundMe for +albergue +camino
There were a few more.
But I suppose if they are not "known", it might be hard to know if they are legitimate? (as some have zero funds donated)
Maybe members could "verify" their authenticity or something?

Just ideas.........

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you @Robo for bringing this up again. It has been quiet from albergues and hostals since we set this up back in march/april. I guess people have used the help they can get from the national and regional governments... although this is very limited.

If there are more places interested in appearing in this list here on the forum, email me: ivar@casaivar.com

I have another "thing" that I am working on in the background that might also help some, but it is very "early on". More on this when/if it goes as planned... later.

Thanks, Ivar... hope you are well and staying safe. Our vaccination rollout here in Hawaii is not going well, so 2021 looks like it will be another year lost for camino hiking, at least for me. Whatever we can do to help out the albergues (or your business), just keep us informed. Aloha.

Chris Gi

Did April through June 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago.
2020 May or end of September - NO!
2021 ?
Does anyone know how Victor is surviving with his horses located in Las Herrerias. He would take you up the mountain to O'Cebrerio - such an amazing man who dearly loved his horses.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Does anyone know how Victor is surviving with his horses located in Las Herrerias. He would take you up the mountain to O'Cebrerio - such an amazing man who dearly loved his horses.
It would be good to know.
His business is on the listing here..........

CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Thank you @Robo for bringing this up again. It has been quiet from albergues and hostals since we set this up back in march/april. I guess people have used the help they can get from the national and regional governments... although this is very limited.

If there are more places interested in appearing in this list here on the forum, email me: ivar@casaivar.com

I have another "thing" that I am working on in the background that might also help some, but it is very "early on". More on this when/if it goes as planned... later.

I guess we could pass on your email address to those businesses that we know and love and hope they agree to be listed :) (if they need help)

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Today I sent messages to a few I found on GoFundMe. Wasn't sure about the guy looking for e250,000!
I'm not really active on Facebook, or anywhere else, so maybe other members could track down businesses trying to raise funds. Or contact your favorite Albergues to see how they are coping? Perhaps encourage them to set up a GoFundMe page?

This is the message I used. (with a Spanish version added from Google Translate)
I'm sure you could write a better one!

Of course @ivar might not want us sending out too many invitations! :)

Hi, Can we help you? I have walked the Camino 3 times and am a member of a wonderful forum owned by Ivar Rekve. You may know him. He lives in Santiago de Compostela.

On his Forum, he has a list of Camino Business that need support in these difficult times.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-camino-business-in-these-covid-19-times.210/

I don’t think your Business is on the list. If you would like it listed please email Ivar at

ivar @ casaivar . com

I hope you and your family are OK.

Robo

Last edited:
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Great guy!. He has quite a backstory. Hope he is doing well.

I just sent him a message on Facebook to see how he is going.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads