• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How did I decide to do it?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Margaret, (I believe this is your name, if not I am sorry)
Have been reading this information! Great and wonderful at the same time!
Thank you very much! And do you think that this all was a coincidence?

Hedwig

Hedwig,
In many ways it doesn't seem coincidental at all..... it almost seemed as if the hand of God was somewhere in there guiding me in 2006 in ways that made the Camino inevitable in 2008. And I know that might be a strange thing for a very lapsed Catholic to say!
What was strange about this piece of writing was that I was actually in the middle of writing something else quite different about the Camino. But I woke up in the morning and had this sudden burst of clarity about how/why I even walked the Camino, and needed to write it down.

When I shared this bit of writing with Johnnie Walker, he called it the 'Camino to the Camino' and he commented that 'everyone seems to have one'. Maybe my time had just finally come to realise what my Camino to the Camino was....

Margaret

A very rare opportunity to buy an emblematic albergue that is also an art gallery.

Most read last week in this forum

Ok Pilgrims, I’m starting my first Camino (Frances) in a little over 2 weeks and am “wrapping up” my miscellaneous questions. This is a little trivial (no snarkiness, please): I’m a solo pilgrim...
Last time I walked in 2017, I used headphones. Now I'm going to walk again in April. I listened to Bible teachers like Derek Prince, the audio bible (the Psalms) and of course lots of worship...
As we head into Camino season for a new batch of pilgrims, we are seeing the usual levels of anxiety that accompany first time pilgrims about to step into the unknown. So, to complement all of the...
Dear forummembers, It is with great sadness I inform you of the death of @annakappa. She and her husband fraluchi ( who was also a member here ) were very active on this forum. They were both...
I and my Partner set out from Porto March 16th with the intention of reaching Santiago on or about April 1st. We reached Tui, checked into a hotel and went out to dinner. On the way back to the...
Why do most Camino walkers walk approximately 25 km per day? This seems excessive to me. I like to go slowly and spend time in a place. Kindly explain. Gracias

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back