• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do i book the 28 March 2015 night train from Madrid to Sarria?

yeewun

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2015
How do i book the 28th march 2015 night train from madrid to sarria. I was told that i have to make the reservations over the phone, but concerned about language issues. Anyway i can do it online or via an email instruction?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oooooooh yeah.. Semana Santa...Did you try going to the Renfre website and booking your ticket there?
Doesnt work. Been trying it for 2 weeks with different dates keyed. Even tried to book for a january trip but nothing shows up. But i read on forums that such a night train exists.

You may have to wait 3 more days. It may be that you can only book it 60 days ahead of time. I'm not sure though. I'm sure someone here will have an answer.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You may have to wait 3 more days. It may be that you can only book it 60 days ahead of time. I'm not sure though. I'm sure someone here will have an answer.
Thanks! I did try booking for a trip that starts in january but was rejected as well so i dont think its because of the 60 day rule. Hope someone out there has more info on this.

Hi,

I have just been to the Renfe website and had no problems checking for trains until about 20 March, so I think the +/- 60 days rule applies: there is definitely a night train, leaving Madrid at 22:30pm and arriving in Sarria at 6:50am.

I think I've found the source of your problem, however, which is that there are no trains doing this route on Saturdays!

If you can read a smattering of Spanish, here's some info: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/como-llegar/a-sarria/

Sorry about that... Hopefully you can shift your trip one day forward or backwards!

Hi,

I have just been to the Renfe website and had no problems checking for trains until about 20 March, so I think the +/- 60 days rule applies: there is definitely a night train, leaving Madrid at 22:30pm and arriving in Sarria at 6:50am.

I think I've found the source of your problem, however, which is that there are no trains doing this route on Saturdays!

If you can read a smattering of Spanish, here's some info: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/como-llegar/a-sarria/

Sorry about that... Hopefully you can shift your trip one day forward or backwards!
Thanks! I was checking all the saturdays; in january, feb and march
It didnt occur to me that the issue is that there is no night train to sarria on saturdays! Thank you so much. I shall try to adjust my travel dates. I would really like to end my pilgrimage on easter sunday but dont see myself walking more than 20km a day (since i hardly exercise).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
ha ha, I'm glad we figured it out! ;)

As for walking distances, you really never know... my mum came to join me for a week on the camino last year, aiming to walk 10km/day before a well-deserved glass of rioja, but then surprised herself (and everyone!) by averaging 25km. Of course it's different for everyone, and it's definitely not a race - I've encountered many fit and energetic young pilgrims who pushed too hard, and then had to deal with debilitating injuries like tendinitis or shin splints.

Just keep going at your own pace, stop when you need to, enjoy each step and each breath... wherever you find yourself on Easter Sunday, that's where you're meant to be :)

ha ha, I'm glad we figured it out! ;)

As for walking distances, you really never know... my mum came to join me for a week on the camino last year, aiming to walk 10km/day before a well-deserved glass of rioja, but then surprised herself (and everyone!) by averaging 25km. Of course it's different for everyone, and it's definitely not a race - I've encountered many fit and energetic young pilgrims who pushed too hard, and then had to deal with debilitating injuries like tendinitis or shin splints.

Just keep going at your own pace, stop when you need to, enjoy each step and each breath... wherever you find yourself on Easter Sunday, that's where you're meant to be :)
Thanks for the advice, but would you know if i would have problems with accomodation since i am travelling just one week prior to easter from sarria.

No doubt the Camino will be very busy during Holy Week, and it is obviously a week's holiday in Spain so many locals will use the time to complete the Camino (although it also depends a lot on the weather….)

From Sarria onwards the pilgrim infrastructure is very good, with some towns having more than 2o albergues. I've never encountered anyone who had a major problem with accommodation on this stretch; however, while finding a bed might be ok, the albergues will probably be a bit manic: I don't know much about you so I'm not sure if you'd prefer the more 'festive' experience of sleeping in a bunk-bed under the same roof as hundreds of other pilgrims, or whether your priority is a good night's sleep. In any case, if you'd prefer peace of mind, you might want to look into booking a bed ahead in a private hostel or 'hostal' (cheap hotel).

No doubt the Camino will be very busy during Holy Week, and it is obviously a week's holiday in Spain so many locals will use the time to complete the Camino (although it also depends a lot on the weather….)

From Sarria onwards the pilgrim infrastructure is very good, with some towns having more than 2o albergues. I've never encountered anyone who had a major problem with accommodation on this stretch; however, while finding a bed might be ok, the albergues will probably be a bit manic: I don't know much about you so I'm not sure if you'd prefer the more 'festive' experience of sleeping in a bunk-bed under the same roof as hundreds of other pilgrims, or whether your priority is a good night's sleep. In any case, if you'd prefer peace of mind, you might want to look into booking a bed ahead in a private hostel or 'hostal' (cheap hotel).
Well, i have never stayed in such a hostel before and it would be quite an experience for myself and my 19 and 21 year olds. Thank you everyone for being so helpful.

I'm afraid there will be no regular night train from Madrid to Sarria the 28th Mach.
It's Saturday, and the night trains to Sarria are only scheduled from Sunday to Friday all year round.
Said that, you still have a chance. The 28th is the first day of Semana Santa (Holy Week), and MAYBE Renfe will schedule special trains for that day due to the high demand that always has Semana Santa.
Check frequently the RENFE website. Regular trains for the second half of March are not fully scheduled yet, but they will surely be in the next two weeks or so.
Special trains for Semana Santa were announced last year with less than one month before the beggining of it. So, expect the announcement this year to be done towards end-february or beggining of March.
Hope that helps.

I'm afraid there will be no regular night train from Madrid to Sarria the 28th Mach.
It's Saturday, and the night trains to Sarria are only scheduled from Sunday to Friday all year round.
Said that, you still have a chance. The 28th is the first day of Semana Santa (Holy Week), and MAYBE Renfe will schedule special trains for that day due to the high demand that always has Semana Santa.
Check frequently the RENFE website. Regular trains for the second half of March are not fully scheduled yet, but they will surely be in the next two weeks or so.
Special trains for Semana Santa were announced last year with less than one month before the beggining of it. So, expect the announcement this year to be done towards end-february or beggining of March.
Hope that helps.
I would need to book my flight from london to madrid soon as fares are increasing so will probably book the friday night train once booking is available. Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Interesting ..... for no apparent reason they are showing NO direct trains on www.renfe.es
Only showing with a connection at Burgos or Palencia
Oh dear! My intention is to have a good night's sleep on the train. With a transfer, the night train may not be a good option after all. Cant imagine starting my walk from Sarria after a sleepless night.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No, sorry. Will leave a message as soon as they respond
Noted that the direct overnight trains from madrid to sarria till 26 march are available. As i am buying them for the 27th, will log in tomorrow to check. I have noted that individual tickets are cheaper than tickets for 2 or 3? Why is that so? Thought it should be either the same price per pax or even cheaper when we buy more tickets. Looks like i will have to buy my tickets one at a time to save costs. Anyone familiar with this?

They never responded (no real surprise, ThisIsRenfe)
Yes, you can now buy for the 26th at www.renfe.es TrainCamino.jpg

I "spoke" to Irena (the Virtual Assistant) who helpfully sent me to a broken link but I accept your logic and expect the days from 27 to be made available soon.

GREAT price!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, in Spanish but really baby Spanish in big text .... 26th at 15,40 euro for the overnight train. Great value for 8 hrs 26 mins!

Yes, in Spanish but really baby Spanish in big text .... 26th at 15,40 euro for the overnight train. Great value for 8 hrs 26 mins!
Problem is, i dont know a word of spanish, even baby spanish. . Will be getting a bed so that i get a good nights sleep before my first 20km.

OK, but as I say there are no dates released after the 26th yet. Keep watching every day! 31,90 for the bed in a shared compartment

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back