• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do I get from Biarritz to SJPP

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi Everyone,

I arrive into Biarritz on Wednesday 19th September on a 3:05pm flight. How do I get from Biarritz to St Jean Pied de Port? Or should I stay in Biarritz for the night?

Thanks again
Sonia
:D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
WolverineDG,

Do you know roughly how much it will cost me from Biarritz airport to Bayonne train station?

Thanks again
Sonia

By bus. about 1.20 Euro. By taxi, approx. 20 Euro, but the trip is shorter, since the taxi will take you straight to the station. If you have time, then the bus is fine, but if you don't, then I suggest taking a taxi. The bus takes about 40 minutes to get to the train station because it stops at every place possible. Add on to that the time you have to stand at the airport waiting for the bus.

dg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Sonia,

I asked a similar question and received this reply:

"It's pretty easy to get to St JdP from Dublin

Fly Ryanair to Biarritz, when you exit the airport take a bus to Bayonne Gare ( cost 1.5 euro) from Bayonne get a train to St Jean (cost 8 euro).
The train journey itself is wonderfull , a long winding track through the mountains following a lovely little river.

BTW when you exit the Airport in Biarritz you will see a taxi rank offering taxis to Bayonne , they cost about 20 euro."

I find I don't have to ask many questions I simly read the responses to the ones you ask, keep up the good work.

Hi All,

Rod and WolverineDG thanks again for your input.

A massive thanks to EVERYONE who has replied to my messages. I don't think I'd feel as confident walking the Camino by myself if this forum didn't exist with beautiful and helpful souls sharing their ideas and information. It's GREATLY appreciated.

Rod- Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure I'll be posting alot more questions before I head off... :lol:

Love, light and smiles to you all
Sonia

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The bus from Biarritz airport to Bayonne train station is the #6 route. The number is posted on the bus and it stops right at the door of the airport. If you decide to stay overnight in Bayonne, not a bad idea given your late arrival time, the Hotel Paris-Madrid is only about 50m from the station and is a good value.

I found that one of the problems of the bus is that by the time you set off from the airport ( that is coming from London) the bus gets caught up in the rush hour, it goes through the / a shopping
mall which slows it down tons. This may not seem too important, but if you are quick to Bayonne station you will be able to catch the last time of the day. I think this was about 6/6:30pm last season. It means that you are able to get an early start on the heavy day into Spain. Otherwise it is 8am from Bayonne and a 10am start after calling at the pilgrim office.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Good day all! I see from the thread regarding how to get to SJPP from Biarritz that there was a question about how long it may take by taxi from Biarritz to Bayonne train station (but I don't see an answer). If anyone has an approximation it would be appreciated. Our flight from Orly arrives at 2:10 pm in Biarritz and I think there is a train from Bayonne to SJPP at 3:06 - can we make it? Many thanks for your help.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back