• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how do I get from Logrono to Biarritz on a Sunday?

how do I get from Logrono to Biarritz on a Sunday?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aisling

Evening all, I'm struggling here and I hope someone can help me. I'm flying out of Biarritz on Monday 30th September lunchtime. We are planning to walk from Los Arcos to Viana (near Logrono) on 29th. I was thinking I'd be able to get to Biarritz from Viana on the morning of 30th but I now see that's not possible. I therefore need to get to Biarritz on Sunday 29th, and I was hoping to get in as much walking as possible before I have to go. Can anyone advise how I can get from Viana to Biarritz on a Sunday? All suggestions will be welcome!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Aisling

Hope this info can be of some help to you.

There are 2 buses that go from Logroño - San Sebastian/Donosti - Irun.

Irun is on the Spanish side of the border and Biarritz is on the French side.

The bus timetable - depart 10am arrive 12:45
depart 7pm arrive 9:45

Ticket price - 18.01 €

Bus company - La Estrella - http://www.laestellesa.com/servicios/Segunda.asp

Buen Camino!

Sorry I made a mistake.

The town on the French side isn't Biarritz but Hendaya. you should be able to get to Biarritz from Hendaya easily.

Another option is get off in San Sebastian and catch the bus from there to Biarritz airport

Bus time 2:30 pm arrives airport 3:15pm

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry again , forgot the bus company, it´s Pesa in San Sebastian to Biarritz airport.

Buen Camino!

Many thanks MendiWalker. I looked to see if I could get from Hendeya to Biarritz in the evening and I could not see any trains at that hour. I'm nervous of getting stranded in Hendaye if there are no taxis either! Couldn't find info re French buses from Hendeya to Biatrritz but perhaps there are some - would you have any info re buses on the French side? It's my first time going to the Camino and Im really looking forward to it!

The bus which I posted before (Logroño - San Sebastain - Irun) at 10 am not only passes thru San Sebastian but also has a stop there.
You can take this one it arrives at 12:45 in Irun so at San Sebastian I guess at 12 noon. - bus company - La Estrella
From San Sebastian you have a bus to Biarritz airport at 2:30pm which arrives at 3:15pm. - bus company - Pesa
I do hope it´s clearer now.
If you need any more help ask again.:)

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Evening all, I'm struggling here and I hope someone can help me. I'm flying out of Biarritz on Monday 30th September lunchtime. We are planning to walk from Los Arcos to Viana (near Logrono) on 29th. I was thinking I'd be able to get to Biarritz from Viana on the morning of 30th but I now see that's not possible. I therefore need to get to Biarritz on Sunday 29th, and I was hoping to get in as much walking as possible before I have to go. Can anyone advise how I can get from Viana to Biarritz on a Sunday? All suggestions will be welcome!
I'm staying overnight in Logrono on the 29th and then have a flight leaving 14:40 from Biarritz on the 30th. I may have one other passenger but I intend taking a taxi (but haven't organised it yet) Googlr maps says 211 kms and 2+ hours so I would guess the fare would be about 200 E. If you would consider this your share might be half or one third. Good luck but get back to me if you are interested
M

If the bus arrives in Irun at 1245 (Irun tren at 1300), you would have about two hours to get to the plane. You may only need a taxi from Irun to the airport. It would be 18E for the bus and a 30km taxi to the airport. Just a thought.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I've just arrived back from the Camino. I was able to get from Viana by bus to Pamplona on Sunday 29th at 1.13pm. Once in Pamplona bus station it was easy to get another bus to San Sebastian and from there to Biarritz was a doddle (regular trains to Irun, metro to Hayende, train to Biarritz). It was really difficult to get this information in advance online but once there it all worked out. Btw the bus stop in Viana is not marked at all - without the help of a local person I would not have been able to find it.
Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back