• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do I get from Pamplona to St. Jean Pied de Port

akallschmidt

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy Route (2013?)
Hello,
I have a flight booked from Madrid to Pamplona on May 10. I am trying to get to Lourdes before I start my Camino, so I was thinking of going to St. Jean, taking a train to Lourdes for a day, and then returning to St. Jean to start my hike.

However, I do not know how to get from Pamplona to St. Jean. Does anyone have any (preferably budget friendly) suggestions?
Thanks!
Anna

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Conda will start service to SJPdP on May 1:
¿Cómo llegar?

Se trata de una ruta que une Pamplona con la localidad francesa de Saint Jean de Pied de Port. Las salidas sarán a las 14:00. En Semana Santa se pondrá en funcionamiento este servicio del 22/3 hasta el 7/4 y posteriormente se retomará su funcionamiento desde el 1/5 hasta el 1/11.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Express Bouricott could no longer carry people from Pamplona to SJPP last year.
I'm not sure if that's changed this year.
It had something to do with her taxi being licensed for France, not Spain.

Annie, I just checked http://www.expressbourricot.com/en/serv ... ation.html and they are offering the service from Pamplona to St. Pied de Port. They charge from 90 € for one passenger to 17 € for 6-8 passengers with prices becoming less and less each time a passenger is added (up to 8), where the price becomes reasonable.

Falcon, as for the Conda bus service, I have tried the search in Spanish but am unable to find the information you have. But, if they do start May 1st, that will be a plus not only for Anna, but for many other who will begin streaming that way.

Try this link http://www.alsa.es/en/buy-and-schedules/ and click on international. It's an easy to navigate website that lets you enter destinations and dates. I found a bus from Pamplona to SJPD on June 18, leaves at 2pm, arrives SJPD at 3:45. Cost is 20 euro. I entered a May 1st date on the website and the same bus came up so it looks like it's available in May. You can't buy on line but you can buy in Pamplona and maybe in other Spanish cities.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Epsirit de Chemin's travel site also confirms that the bus will start on May 1st.

I emailed the EB regarding the Pamplona to SJPP and on March 26th 2013 they said they were no longer allowed to undertake that route.

Is their web page now out of date?

I will email Caroline for clarification and will post response.

They do pick up at Bilbao airport so I think the issue may be more to do with Pamplona politics and local by-laws.

ps Espirit de Chemin are also saying that a law has been passed to prevent EB running the service.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back