• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how do i get from santiago airport to sarria?

Homan75

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 english way
is it a bus or taxi to the central bus station in Santiago and then a bus to Sarria. Or is it a bus to Lugo from teh central bus station and then another bus to Sarria. Is Sarria before Lugo? confused! thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Santiago to Lugo then Lugo to Sarria. Although both are 100kms from Santiago they are on different routes and therefore in a sense Sarria is beyond Lugo.
The airport bus goes into Santiago but there may be a direct link to the Lugo bus. Checking out @Tincatinker's link will give you most help

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
is it a bus or taxi to the central bus station in Santiago and then a bus to Sarria. Or is it a bus to Lugo from teh central bus station and then another bus to Sarria. Is Sarria before Lugo? confused! thanks!

The geography makes it a triangle. A road goes from Santiago to Lugo. A road goes from Santiago to Monforte de Lemos. A road goes from Lugo to Monforte de Lemos, and passes through Sarria.

See diagram for train network here and get an idea:
http://www.sarria.es/pdf/horarios-trenes.pdf

Empresa Freire offers bus service from Santiago (Labacolla) Airport to Lugo bus station. Monbus offers bus service from Lugo to Sarria.

Or, Empresa Freire offers bus service from Santiago (Labacolla) Airport to Santiago bus station (and Renfe station too). Monbus offers bus service from Santiago bus to Monforte de Lemos and from Monforte de Lemos to Sarria. Sometimes, depending on the schedule, this works better than going via Lugo. ALSA also provides service from Santiago to Lugo via yet another route ... but it doesn't match up well with the Monbus schedule.

Renfe offers train service from Santiago to Monforte de Lemos and from Monforte de Lemos to Sarria. Renfe also provides train service from Santiago to A Coruna and from A Coruna to Sarria. The schedule rarely works out better than it does for taking the bus.

Concello Sarria Transporte y Horarios
http://www.sarria.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109:transportes-y-horarios&catid=60:localizacion&Itemid=132&lang=gl

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is a taxi from Santiago airport to Sarria.. I checked online and some companies are charging up to €150 one way for 2persons which seems excessive!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How much is a taxi from Santiago airport to Sarria.. I checked online and some companies are charging up to €150 one way for 2persons which seems excessive!

Figure 140 km each way (dead head home). A6 and N624 (same route as the bus). Drive time 1h45 each way. That's half a day for a driver and his costs. I'm surprised you get any quote as low as 150 euro.

Figure 140 km each way (dead head home). A6 and N624 (same route as the bus). Drive time 1h45 each way. That's half a day for a driver and his costs. I'm surprised you get any quote as low as 150 euro.
A
Unfortunately bus times dont suit travel plans! I thought the bus takes the Ñ 547 & A 54 ! Anyway as I expected I have found a cheaper taxi service that will provide the transfer for €105 for up to 4 persons which is reasonable. If one requires excess luggage to be taken ahead to Santiago they will provide this service for €12 per piece and for a small fee of €3 will deliver your luggage to your accommodation in Santiago on the day you arrive there!

If anyone requires the contact details please free to message me.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

That does seem excessive.
Sounds like the taxi companies are getting greedy.
Maybe they haven't heard about the price of oil plunging!

I booked 3 taxis for this spring from Santiago to Sarria and it was never over $100 per TAXI.
This means, if you can find 2 or 3 other pilgrims going, you can split the cost.
Have you checked with Caminofacil?

You can also grab a bus from the airport to the bus station and then buy a ticket, depending on time of day.

A
Unfortunately bus times dont suit travel plans! I thought the bus takes the Ñ 547 & A 54 ! Anyway as I expected I have found a cheaper taxi service that will provide the transfer for €105 for up to 4 persons which is reasonable. If one requires excess luggage to be taken ahead to Santiago they will provide this service for €12 per piece and for a small fee of €3 will deliver your luggage to your accommodation in Santiago on the day you arrive there!

If anyone requires the contact details please free to message me.

Hi there, thanks for the updates here. I am flying out from Glasgow Sunday & require a taxi from Santiago airport to Sarria. Could you please pass me the contact details for the taxi firm you are using. Many thanks, Paula

Hi there, thanks for the updates here. I am flying out from Glasgow Sunday & require a taxi from Santiago airport to Sarria. Could you please pass me the contact details for the taxi firm you are using. Many thanks, Paula
Hi Paula the contact details for taxi service to Sarria is Jose Luis Vizcaino 0034981518747 are the phone details and the email address is xacotrans@gmail.com and very prompt with replies . We found the company a very reliable service and they were waiting with our name card on arrival..... If bus doesn't suit your schedule these are the guys to use! They will take up to 4 persons in taxi and will also hold and then deliver any extra luggage (€6 per piece) in Santiago for when you get there.. They also transfer luggage daily which we didn't use.... We on last leg into Santiago tomorrow so Buen Camino and enjoy yours too!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Paula the contact details for taxi service to Sarria is Jose Luis Vizcaino 0034981518747 are the phone details and the email address is xacotrans@gmail.com and very prompt with replies . We found the company a very reliable service and they were waiting with our name card on arrival..... If bus doesn't suit your schedule these are the guys to use! They will take up to 4 persons in taxi and will also hold and then deliver any extra luggage (€6 per piece) in Santiago for when you get there.. They also transfer luggage daily which we didn't use.... We on last leg into Santiago tomorrow so Buen Camino and enjoy yours too!

Many thanks Tony & Buen Camino too

Hi Annie,
How much will be the cost of a taxi from Lugo to Sarria? We are arriving by bus from Astorga on a Saturday 17 June 2017 and it will be good to have a taxi option.

Butch

Hi Annie,
How much will be the cost of a taxi from Lugo to Sarria? We are arriving by bus from Astorga on a Saturday 17 June 2017 and it will be good to have a taxi option.

Butch
100€ or so, typically 1€ by km, although more like 1.50€ on VDLP earlier this month.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Annie,

Butch

The fee is around 90-100 euros and can be split/shared by up to 4 pilgrims, making it only 25 euros if you can find 3 others.
I have used Caminofacil for this service more than once.
You can book a taxi ahead of time via Caminofacil. Just go to their webpage then email them.
Or you can simply wait until you arrive and book a taxi from there - the fee is pretty much set.
I prefer to book my taxi ahead - if they know the time of your arrival, they will be waiting.

OOPS! Whari just caught my mistake.
The above information is from Santiago back to Sarria.

From Lugo, I have no idea but you could email Caminofacil and ask?

Last edited:
The fee is around 90-100 euros and can be split/shared by up to 4 pilgrims, making it only 25 euros if you can find 3 others.
I have used Caminofacil for this service more than once.
You can book a taxi ahead of time via Caminofacil. Just go to their webpage then email them.
Or you can simply wait until you arrive and book a taxi from there - the fee is pretty much set.
I prefer to book my taxi ahead - if they know the time of your arrival, they will be waiting.

Is that Santigo to Sarria or Lugo to Sarria?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back