A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

How do I get past being a “New Member?” :-)

MacMac

The Ghost Who Walks
Camino(s) past & future
Frances: 2016
Finisterre y Muxia: 2016
Frances: 2017
Portuguese: 2018
Ingles: 2018
I have been a member in this forum since close to three years, and have walked the Camino Frances twice, the Portuguese from Lisbon, the Ingles, and to Muxia and Finisterre twice.

How do I get past being a “New Member?” :)

Just wondering ... though it doesn’t really matter...

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I have been a member in this forum since close to three years, and have walked the Camino Frances twice, the Portuguese from Lisbon, the Ingles, and to Muxia and Finisterre twice.

You have yet to reveal your top one thousand reasons....

Let me stop. Too much wit can be....

Change status as others have mentioned.

Camino(s) past & future
Planning on startting first time at e d of april start of may
Try going into every single little micro detail you can possibly imagine about the camino and post questions about it☺ you name it ,anything!! And every detail should have at least dozens of options on every genre e.g socks,gloves, boots, teddys, ear buds !! Dont matter☺

Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.

Patience MacMac, patience.

Being upgraded is huge honour bestowed upon the worthy ones by the Great Giver called Ivar.

Ivar sits on high and uses a mysterious thing known only as "Software" to us earth -bound thinglets to identify the "Chosen Few" who will find themselves bestowed upon with a new title.

Be warned though my patiently waiting and desiring to be upgraded pilgrim award seeker.

It is an enormous responsibility to take upon yourself.

You will be expected to help, succour, be very patient with, share knowledge with and assist all soon to be "New Members" by answering their questions, quelling their fears, understanding their needs and remembering we were all new once upon a pre-Camino walk time.

If you wait, the promotion will come.

Buen (being upgraded-soon) Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
You poor devil! You have a long while to wait for the wheels of change to grind so your status changes. Or, as suggested above, you can take your destiny into your own hands and change it yourself in your details section. Have you an idea of what description you prefer? I didn’t like the notion of being a veteran so just used pilgrim. Except for when I forget and get crotchety, it suits!

oursonpolaire

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
You must bring back orujo to share.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
In order to be a "veteran member" apparently you have to have survived battles. I still bear the scars of my first "real pilgrim" skirmish and have only recently returned from the "Where does the Camino Frances begin" front.
Do the skirmishes with the moderators counts??? If so, I must've been triple double veteran member by now :D :D :D

PS (Geez, I hope I won't get minus points for this one as I haven't been out of my last 9 ... ;))

Nomad Pack

Camino(s) past & future
French, North, Original and from Andorra through the Pyrenees.
All With mi Burro
In order to be a "veteran member" apparently you have to have survived battles. I still bear the scars of my first "real pilgrim" skirmish and have only recently returned from the "Where does the Camino Frances begin" front.
Haha my first ever post started something like... To all true pilgrims...
I have only to see the word tourist and camino in the same sentence and I'm battle ready. 😈

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.

You have to into your

you just go into your account and put in something else :) simple, once you have got sick enough of being a ‘new’ member to work out a few key strokes.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019

Does being a veteran member mean one is over a certain age???

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2016 Camino Frances to Leon
Fall 2017 Camino Frances to Finisterre
May 2019 Portuguese
Bwahahahahahah!! My first Sunday morning laugh! What a great way to start the day and a huge thanks for all of your responses to MacMac. I don't have a clue what my title is so I'm going to look after I post this.

E V Waight

It's the journey, not the destination.
Camino(s) past & future
September (2017)
Possible September (2018)
Holy Year (2021) (all three Gladys, John and I)

Stay new my friend. Life is short. My grandmother would always tell us as kids "youth is short, but adulthood is very long, enjoy your youth". Enjoy the walk, and buen Camino.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 198 24.2%