• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do I get past being a “New Member?” :-)

MacMac

The Ghost Who Walks
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021… hopefully 2022
I have been a member in this forum since close to three years, and have walked the Camino Frances twice, the Portuguese from Lisbon, the Ingles, and to Muxia and Finisterre twice.

How do I get past being a “New Member?” :)

Just wondering ... though it doesn’t really matter...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You must state strongly an opinion about which is better; shoes, boots or sandals then follow it up with the definitive definition of what a true Pilgrim is and then finally, as Bradypus states above, just go into your profile and change it to whatever you’d like it to read!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have been a member in this forum since close to three years, and have walked the Camino Frances twice, the Portuguese from Lisbon, the Ingles, and to Muxia and Finisterre twice.

You have yet to reveal your top one thousand reasons....

Let me stop. Too much wit can be....

Change status as others have mentioned.

Try going into every single little micro detail you can possibly imagine about the camino and post questions about it☺ you name it ,anything!! And every detail should have at least dozens of options on every genre e.g socks,gloves, boots, teddys, ear buds !! Dont matter☺

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Patience MacMac, patience.

Being upgraded is huge honour bestowed upon the worthy ones by the Great Giver called Ivar.

Ivar sits on high and uses a mysterious thing known only as "Software" to us earth -bound thinglets to identify the "Chosen Few" who will find themselves bestowed upon with a new title.

Be warned though my patiently waiting and desiring to be upgraded pilgrim award seeker.

It is an enormous responsibility to take upon yourself.

You will be expected to help, succour, be very patient with, share knowledge with and assist all soon to be "New Members" by answering their questions, quelling their fears, understanding their needs and remembering we were all new once upon a pre-Camino walk time.

If you wait, the promotion will come.

Buen (being upgraded-soon) Camino

You poor devil! You have a long while to wait for the wheels of change to grind so your status changes. Or, as suggested above, you can take your destiny into your own hands and change it yourself in your details section. Have you an idea of what description you prefer? I didn’t like the notion of being a veteran so just used pilgrim. Except for when I forget and get crotchety, it suits!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In order to be a "veteran member" apparently you have to have survived battles. I still bear the scars of my first "real pilgrim" skirmish and have only recently returned from the "Where does the Camino Frances begin" front.
Do the skirmishes with the moderators counts??? If so, I must've been triple double veteran member by now :D :D :D

PS (Geez, I hope I won't get minus points for this one as I haven't been out of my last 9 ... ;))

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In order to be a "veteran member" apparently you have to have survived battles. I still bear the scars of my first "real pilgrim" skirmish and have only recently returned from the "Where does the Camino Frances begin" front.

Haha my first ever post started something like... To all true pilgrims...
I have only to see the word tourist and camino in the same sentence and I'm battle ready. 😈

You have to into your

you just go into your account and put in something else :) simple, once you have got sick enough of being a ‘new’ member to work out a few key strokes.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Does being a veteran member mean one is over a certain age???

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Stay new my friend. Life is short. My grandmother would always tell us as kids "youth is short, but adulthood is very long, enjoy your youth". Enjoy the walk, and buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Obviously you did get past that insult :D :D :D

You purchase a "Lifetime Membership"!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Haha my first ever post started something like... To all true pilgrims...
I have only to see the word tourist and camino in the same sentence and I'm battle ready. 😈
And you got the gentlest treatment for an intro like that that I think I have ever seen. A nice welcome and gentle hint from @peregrina2000. How lucky were you!

So nice to read the ante-Corona threads. Oh, the things we had to deal with back then. I do miss the discussions of wearing sandals or shoes, which rain gear to use or the best one: can you bring your walking poles on the airplane.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So nice to read the ante-Corona threads. Oh, the things we had to deal with back then. I do miss the discussions of wearing sandals or shoes, which rain gear to use or the best one: can you bring your walking poles on the airplane.
Well, now it changed to if you can (and how) bring your tent on the airplane ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back