• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do I (or do I) make a albergue reservation in St Jean?

marclynnette

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2013)
I was talking with someone and he said all the hostels were booked full in St Jean. Can you book in advance? Have you ever been in a jam? What do you do? Thanks for the help. Leaving in two weeks today!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When I went last year I booked online at L'Esprit du Chemin. I was able to find them in Google. I'm sure if you google for a list of albergues in SJPP you can find one to either book online or call :)

marclynnette said:
I was talking with someone and he said all the hostels were booked full in St Jean. Can you book in advance? Have you ever been in a jam? What do you do? Thanks for the help. Leaving in two weeks today!

marclynnette,

Remember that May 1 is the Labor Day holiday in Europe and many pilgrims may be beginning at the same time as you. I would suggest that you try to reserve in advance.

Here is the current SJPdP tourism board web list of all the pilgrim albergues in SJPdP. >>
http://www.saintjeanpieddeport-paysbasq ... WzEkOx_c0k

When you arrive in Saint-Jean go to the office of the Amies du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle. They can provide you with a Credential and on site lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay. However they do Not accept reservations, but they DO help you find other lodging when you are there.

Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
marclynnette said:

If you are able I highly recommend this place to start your Camino. I started my Camino at this place in September of 2012 and cannot think of a better way to start a Camino@
http://www.espritduchemin.org/en

All the best!

Bobbie

You can book a hotel room online. I found one last fall for 55 Euro that actually was a single room in a hostel.

A single room for a night might be a good idea if you expect to be jet lagged.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola marclynnette,
Would highly recommend L'Esprit Du Chemin, stayed there in 2009, unfortunately they were not open when I was travelling this year, beautiful people, beautiful place, an oasis of tranquility and hospitality.
Buen Camino.
Des

Hi there

Aub. du Pelerin I booked this weekend gone no problem 16Euros 12 for dinner, 4 for breakfast booked for 5th May no problem, just email them or go to the site

Good luck

Jules

L'Espit du Chemin is full until the very end of May (did not look beyond). I arrive 10 May to SJPDP. Does anyone have another recommendation? Thanks so much

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back