• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How do these stages sound? Tui to Santiago

Baliparadise

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
Leaving Tui on May 18 to O Porrino (9,3 km) Redondela (24 km) Pontevedra (18 km) Caldas de Reis (22 km) Padron (18km) and final destination the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on May 25 (18 km). Do you think that it’s feasible for first time ? Please advise and thank you very much🙏🏻

✅

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, that’s certainly feasible with no days over 24km. Although the final day from Padrón is about 24km, not 18km.

I assume you want to start off light on the first day, but you might consider walking 6.1km further to the small village of Mos and staying there. From the @wisepilgrim guide/app:

Mos is one of the understated gems along this stretch of the camino. I don’t want to over sell the place, but as pilgrim outposts go it has everything you need for an overnight stay: A beautiful church, an albergue, a selection of bars, and the beautiful Pazo de Mos. It has little else, and that is nice.

Another possibility to consider is taking the Variante Espiritual after Pontevedra. This will likely add an extra day so I don’t know if that would work for you, but it’s worth doing if it fits with your plans.

These are the stops that we made when we walked from Tui to SdC. Your mileage is a bit off between Tui and O Porriño (16 km) and then O Porriño to Redondela (15 km). And as @jungleboy pointed out, the distance to SdC from Padrón is about 24 km. Let me also second what @jungleboy said about the Variante Espiritual. If you do have an extra day, it’s well worth the effort to go that way. For distances and accommodations, have you checked out Gronze.com?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
December 2011 after finishing a CF I walked alone from Santiago to Tui/Valenca.This backwards blog might help you with meals, accommodations, etc. Finding yellow arrows going the opposite way was not easy but, of course, it was great fun.

Good luck with your planning.
However/wherever you do walk Buen camino!

Last edited:
Leaving Tui on May 18 to O Porrino (9,3 km) Redondela (24 km) Pontevedra (18 km) Caldas de Reis (22 km) Padron (18km) and final destination the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on May 25 (18 km). Do you think that it’s feasible for first time ? Please advise and thank you very much🙏🏻

✅
This was my first camino as well and loved it, although we made a stop between Padron and Santiago at Faramello I think and with an early start the next day arrived around 9am in Santiago Buen Camino

✅
That's what I did.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

✅
When my wife and I walked this route (starting at Porto), we followed the itinerary you outlined except in order to shorten the last day into Santiago, we continued past Padron another 6-1/2 km to A Esclavitude. We spent the night there at a small hotel, Hotel Casa Grande de Capellania, which also served an in-house dinner. (Note that this was nearly six years ago, so I don't know the current status of that hotel.) The Camino path veers away from the highway for a couple of km, then at the place where it crosses the highway, there was a roadside cafe where we had breakfast the next morning.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When my wife and I walked this route (starting at Porto), we followed the itinerary you outlined except in order to shorten the last day into Santiago, we continued past Padron another 6-1/2 km to A Esclavitude. We spent the night there at a small hotel, Hotel Casa Grande de Capellania, which also served an in-house dinner. (Note that this was nearly six years ago, so I don't know the current status of that hotel.) The Camino path veers away from the highway for a couple of km, then at the place where it crosses the highway, there was a roadside cafe where we had breakfast the next morning.
Thanks for your comments and I plan to stay overnight in Padrón on the way to final destination the cathedral Santiago Compostela. Do you still remember how many spotting yellow arrows after crossed the highway ? Can you see the cathedral spires ? Is it straight forward to navigate to the end point ? thank you

Yes, that’s certainly feasible with no days over 24km. Although the final day from Padrón is about 24km, not 18km.

I assume you want to start off light on the first day, but you might consider walking 6.1km further to the small village of Mos and staying there. From the @wisepilgrim guide/app:

Another possibility to consider is taking the Variante Espiritual after Pontevedra. This will likely add an extra day so I don’t know if that would work for you, but it’s worth doing if it fits with your plans.
Jungleboy thanks you for your comments and noted

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
These are the stops that we made when we walked from Tui to SdC. Your mileage is a bit off between Tui and O Porriño (16 km) and then O Porriño to Redondela (15 km). And as @jungleboy pointed out, the distance to SdC from Padrón is about 24 km. Let me also second what @jungleboy said about the Variante Espiritual. If you do have an extra day, it’s well worth the effort to go that way. For distances and accommodations, have you checked out Gronze.com?
Thanks and I have compared the rate of accommodation between booking.com and Expedia. Expedia is the better rate 😊

We prefer to have a healthy, fresh food and decent hotel to rest well so we can finish our camino in schedule, thanks for your suggestion 🙏🏻

Like you, I am planning to walk from Tui to Santiago, but I'm starting in Valenca (last city in Portugal) and will walk from there to Tui so I can cross over the international bridge by foot. To get to Valenca, I'm flying in to Porto and will arrive by bus. After much thought and reading all these posts, I have decided I can add in the boat ride from Vilanova de Arousa, which is part of the Variant Espiritual. I don't have 2 extra days to walk the actual Variant Espiritual, from Pontecesures to Vilanova de Arousa with an overnight in-between, but realized I could take the train from Pontecesures to Vilagaracia de Arousa, then catch the boat (which will let me experience the route by sea that transported St. James body) to Pontecesures and I will resume my walk from there.

I should add, I'm a first time walker and plan to walk in October of this year.

Here is my plan:
1. Fly to Porto - arrive before noon - take bus to Valenca, walk over bridge to Tui,
2. Tui to O Porrino
3. O Porrino to Redondela
4. Redondela to Pontevedra
5. Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
6. Caldas de Reis to Pontecesures (which is south of Padron) I will take a 15 min train that arrives in Vilagarcia De Arousa and costs $3 I will stay the night there instead of staying in Padron.
7. In the morning I will take a cab to the boat dock in Vilanova de Arousa (I got the 2 mixed up for a while :) and take the pilgrims boat to Pontecesures - the departure times are based on the tides. Then after the boat ride, I will walk a short 5 KM walk from Pontecesures to A Escravitude
8. A Esravitude to Santiago de Compostela

This plan should meet the requirements for the Pilgrims certificate, but since my walk is a spiritual walk if for some reason, I cant make part of the plan, I will take a bus or cab to the next city and forego the certificate. Also since my route is fairly fixed, I have decided to book ahead. I'd love to "wing it" and let the camino provide, but I only have 7 days and need to cover a certain amount of KMs each day.

Feel free to pm me, if you want to compare notes.

Also if anyone reading this sees an "error" in my plan, feel free to comment.

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back