• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How does this sound?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Last year, for outerwear I brought a lightweight merino wool sweater, a very lightweight hoodie (not fleece), and a very light (3 ounce) windbreaker. Also my "parcho"- homemade poncho with sleeves for rain. I walked from late August through September, and used both the sweater and hoody together and separately, depending on temperature, and that worked very well.

This year I am walking in July and August, so I don't anticipate much cool weather. I was thinking about bringing the sweater and a long sleeve sun shirt instead of the hoodie.
I think that the sweater, shirt and windbreaker should be enough for the coolest weather that time of year.

I'm planning on walking the Frances until Leon, then taking the Salvador to the Primitivo to finish up to Santiago and beyond.

BTW, I've cut the weight of my windbreaker down to about 1.5 ounces/42 grams with this one from Montbell.:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That combination sounds reasonable to me. I assume you would have a t-shirt or tank top under the sun shirt?

I'd love an excuse to get one of those super-lightweight windbreakers, but I always walk at times of year when rain can be chilly, so I need proper gear for it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Last year, for outerwear I brought a lightweight merino wool sweater, a very lightweight hoodie (not fleece), and a very light (3 ounce) windbreaker. Also my "parcho"- homemade poncho with sleeves for rain. I walked from late August through September, and used both the sweater and hoody together and separately, depending on temperature, and that worked very well.

This year I am walking in July and August, so I don't anticipate much cool weather. I was thinking about bringing the sweater and a long sleeve sun shirt instead of the hoodie.
I think that the sweater, shirt and windbreaker should be enough for the coolest weather that time of year.

I'm planning on walking the Frances until Leon, then taking the Salvador to the Primitivo to finish up to Santiago and beyond.

BTW, I've cut the weight of my windbreaker down to about 1.5 ounces/42 grams with this one from Montbell.:)

That will work well. And that Montbell windshell is a good piece of gear.

I just had to look at the jacket. Will save me 6oz.
Love the jacket. Bought the jacket - on sale. Still pricey for me, but love the jacket and it will serve me well long past my time in Spain.

I just had to look at the jacket. Will save me 6oz.
Love the jacket. Bought the jacket - on sale. Still pricey for me, but love the jacket and it will serve me well long past my time in Spain.
Besides the super light weight I like that it has mesh panels under the arms and down the side.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.