A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

How far is it from Leon to Oviedo?

Camino Badges

camino07

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
It says 121.8 kms on my bookmark. My son and I walked it in 6 days this May. It was wonderful .

André Walker

Never loosing my way: always standing on it
Camino(s) past & future
Holland-St.Jean, Frances, Del Norte, VdlP.
Yes, it can be confusing. It happens with a lot of Camino's: different sources giving different distances. Sometimes due to the fact that it's possible to walk variations?

According to my info (wikiloc tracks) it's 120,1 km. So, based on info from 3 different sources, it's safe to assume that the total distance is just over 120 km.

What does your info say?

Camino(s) past & future
Francé 2005; 2016
Inglés June 2017
del Salvador Sep 2018
Primitivo Oct 2018
From gronze.com, always useful and informative:

"The Camino del Salvador, from León to Oviedo, has 121 kilometers and passes through 19 towns with services. Thus, it is an average of a population with services every 6.4 km. The longest distances without the possibility of supplies are: from La Pola de Gordón to Poladura de la Tercia (14.3 km), since the Buiza bar only opens a few afternoons; the hard mountain route between Poladura de la Tercia and the port of Pajares (9.4 km); and, finally, the long descent from Pajares to Campomanes (16.8 km). Apart from León, with 135 thousand inhabitants, and Oviedo, with 217 thousand inhabitants, the largest population we pass through is Mieres del Camino, with 27 thousand inhabitants."

Last edited:

André Walker

Never loosing my way: always standing on it
Camino(s) past & future
Holland-St.Jean, Frances, Del Norte, VdlP.
Even gronze.com has 2 distances:
- camino official: 120,1 km.
- por Villamanín: 121,8 km.

According to Gronze you have the choice between two different routes from Buiza to Pajares, resulting in two total distances.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%