• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how is it on Frances? muddy?

Wine and Faith

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013
Hello all, I hope this finds everybody well and dry. I've been down on the Via de Plata for the last 2 weeks and honestly finding it a bit lonely and the walking not particularly challenging. The distances are great which is fine but it's walking through the same field. I am thinking about coming up and finishing my trip on the Camino fron my trip on the Camino front desk, and was wondering about the conditions up there at the moment. Thanks for all your help

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Wine and Faith,
It sounds like the Vdlp is experiencing some "waves" producing bed rushes, followed by days of no one at all. Hard to figure. Undermanager started in Sevilla about two weeks ago and has had lots and lots of company, describing 20 pilgrims in Guillena, for example. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...pdates-from-the-camino-vdlp-april-2016.39421/.

I can't tell you about the weather on the Frances now from first hand experience since I'm oceans away, but weather reports look like most of the Iberian peninsula, except for the eastern coastal parts, will be wet the next week.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weat...=1&DAY=0&MAPS=over&CONT=euro&LAND=SP&TOFD=tag

Buen camino, whatever you decide to do.

I'm on the APOC group on Facebook and a lot of pilgrims are reporting cold, wet weather, a closed pass to Roncesvalles and VERY muddy walking right now. I had planned on walking the Madrid route, but am dropping down to the Malaga route for the sunshine. If you don't mind rain, pop up to the Frances, and you'll have lots of company, but man, brrrrrrr!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks that's what I thought I'm on vdpl right now. Finding it a bit monotonous.. I've been pretty much alone the last 10 days, but from what I understand there are many people out here. The weather is good here,

"I've been pretty much alone the last 10 days"

Where are you right now? I'm in Canaveral.

I dream of being without the company of the same bubble of pilgrims! For example, I'm sitting aound a table and four other pilgrims just got back from dinner. Three of them are talking at max volume and at the same time. The same bloody ones every night it seems. I really just want to scream, 'JUST SHUT THE F@@K UP' get the Kalashnikov out and spray the table liberally with British values.

Seriously, where are you, as I am looking to quit the VdlP because of the weather but also the numbers. Bussing to a quiet stretch might be an option .....

Wow, just shows that we all have had completely different experiences on the Plata and everything is possible - for some too solitary and for others way too many people.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back