• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How is Spain different?

BombayBill

Still Learning
Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024 Invierno / VdLP or Cathar
Here is an interesting site to help explain how Spain ( or any country) will be different than what you’re used to. Just plug in Spain and then your own country.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here is an interesting site to help explain how Spain ( or any country) will be different than what you’re used to. Just plug in Spain and then your own country.

I just went into the site and found the results very Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Sorry but why have some other persons expectations setting the baseline of comparison may I suggest go to countries have no expectations and you will never be disappointed.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Thank you. Thank Was both very interesting and very useful! Interesting to compare with my home country, the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but why have some other persons expectations setting the baseline of comparison may I suggest go to countries have no expectations and you will never be disappointed.
Can you clarify what you mean please?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can you clarify what you mean please?
I have looked at the site, what I am saying why compare. It is what you find which will no doubt be what others expect,,,but beware that others eyes may not be what you see so do not be swayed compare are you have walked..

Thank you for sharing that. As someone with a long standing interest in corporate culture, I find it interesting to see how different management consulting companies approach this, particularly in an international setting. I am pretty sure their clients will be other companies who want to be as well prepared as possible to compete on an international stage. As pilgrims, we might have the luxury to walk without expectations, make our own comparisons and draw our own conclusions. Business enterprises might not feel the same way!

Thank you for sharing that. As someone with a long standing interest in corporate culture, I find it interesting to see how different management consulting companies approach this, particularly in an international setting. I am pretty sure their clients will be other companies who want to be as well prepared as possible to compete on an international stage. As pilgrims, we might have the luxury to walk without expectations, make our own comparisons and draw our own conclusions. Business enterprises might not feel the same way!

Yes fully agree. I remember Hofstede from my studying days and the work was pretty much seen as key and required reading on corporate culture, particularly regarding the international dimension and I found it fascinating! Post this I largely worked in international roles for 15 years also and always used the work to help me understand the cultures I was operating in, certainly at a macro level.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.