• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How is the path, stroller-wise

Marstein

Hi,

I and my wife are planning to do the camino, hopefully next year and we plan to start with the camino ingles since we are also bringing our two children (at the time, next june) almost 2 years and almost 3,5 years. We have an very good travelling/sports/skiing/jogging-stroller, Nordiccab allyear sports that we use to take them hiking. We would prefer to use it for the trip.

We therefore wonder how the paths/roads from Ferrol are, would it be possible to do the camino ingles with a stroller like this?

Christian

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I do not know about the specifics of the terrain on the Camino Ingles, but a couple with a standard stroller walked in parallel with me for the entire Camino Frances and made it to the end. The stroller was fairly bedraggled at the finish, but it made it, and they stayed on the marked trail through rocks, hills, mud, and swamp. I would guess that your sports stroller will do just fine anywhere.

Arghhhh - I didn't open this topic because although lots of people use strollers on the Camino I'm not one of them! However it is the Camino Ingles you are going to walk. In my view the route is very suitable for travelling with a stroller with the exception of the climb over the hill to Hospital de Bruma - that is the stage after Betanzos. I see from the other thread that you are considering the variation via Carral which TiaValeria has suggested and I think that should defnitely be the option.

Best wishes

John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back