• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How long biking from Holland?

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
This question was asked in another thread.

We met four Belgian cyclists (lycra-clad) in Leffe who had left from Amtwerp and were expecting tp take three weeks.

We, on the other hand, expect to take about 8 weeks in all (over 4 years) to cycle from Hook of Holland ferry port to Santiago, via the Vezelay route and the camino del norte.

I guess it depends!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello B.and P.,it took us 10 weeks from Holland to Santiago,via Le Puy en Velay and El Camino Frances,with an essential day off every 5 or 6 days.Looking back, I think we began at too fast a pace-( It was such a pleasure to feel increasingly fit ) we missed loads of sights and sites,and we were not always good company in the evenings ; when we slowed down after Burgos, because of the heat, the Camino became a much richer experience,when people became more important than the cycle computer's fascinating statistics.But we won't preach,and we won't be doing it again 'to get it right' either. Many good wishes for your Camino,G. and G.

Congratulations, Geoff and Gwyneth, on your camino.

If you put together an account we'd be interested in reading it.

geoffandgwyneth said:
we won't be doing it again 'to get it right' either.

So what is next?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back