A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

How long is the VDLP?

anthikes

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Frances
2018 Portuguese
2019 VDLP
I am currently working on a guide & map project for the VDLP, and have been using the very excellent Gronze.com site for distances.

A lot of people quote the whole route to Santiago from Sevilla being around 1000km, but it's coming out a little differently on Gronze (where there are route alternatives, I am using the first option given on the site).

Here are some of the Gronze distances from Sevilla....

497.5 to Salamanca
692.9 to Astorga
940 to Santiago (via Astorga)
961 to Santiago (via Sanabres)

So is there an official place to find the correct distances? It's not a huge issue if the kms are slightly out, as it's probably going to vary a bit anyway, but just want to check that Gronze isn't way out.

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
It is not an official place, and I don't hope to give you any more confusion, but if you click on this map on any camino, you will see the start and finish and the exact distance.

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Sevilla-SdC via Ourense: 1005 kms.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Ch. d'Arles: Oloron Ste Marie to Aragones; Frances (2016); V.d.l.P.; Sanabres (2017)
When I finished my VdlP vía the Sanabres in 2017 I got the Distance Certificate from the Pilgrim Office,which declares that I walked 1,006 km. However, the Distance Certificate of another pilgrim who got his the same day listed his walk as 1,007 km, so there may not be a standard distance recorded on such certificates.

mlhhome

Really new member
Camino(s) past & future
Various (‘12, ‘13, ‘15, ‘16, ‘18)
When I finished the VDLP in 2015 (via Astorga) my tracking was 1,086 km. Obviously my Fitbit recorded my walks through castles, cathedrals and extra steps for missing a couple of clearly marked flechas.

I bet your distance on the VDLP will be unique too!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 223 24.8%