• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How long is the VDLP?

anthikes

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 SJPdP > SdC
2018 Porto > SdC
2019 Sevilla > SdC
I am currently working on a guide & map project for the VDLP, and have been using the very excellent Gronze.com site for distances.

A lot of people quote the whole route to Santiago from Sevilla being around 1000km, but it's coming out a little differently on Gronze (where there are route alternatives, I am using the first option given on the site).

Here are some of the Gronze distances from Sevilla....

497.5 to Salamanca
692.9 to Astorga
940 to Santiago (via Astorga)
961 to Santiago (via Sanabres)

So is there an official place to find the correct distances? It's not a huge issue if the kms are slightly out, as it's probably going to vary a bit anyway, but just want to check that Gronze isn't way out.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It is not an official place, and I don't hope to give you any more confusion, but if you click on this map on any camino, you will see the start and finish and the exact distance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When I finished my VdlP vía the Sanabres in 2017 I got the Distance Certificate from the Pilgrim Office,which declares that I walked 1,006 km. However, the Distance Certificate of another pilgrim who got his the same day listed his walk as 1,007 km, so there may not be a standard distance recorded on such certificates.

When I finished the VDLP in 2015 (via Astorga) my tracking was 1,086 km. Obviously my Fitbit recorded my walks through castles, cathedrals and extra steps for missing a couple of clearly marked flechas.

I bet your distance on the VDLP will be unique too!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back