Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

How long will correos keep packages

Peregrino2019

Year of past OR future Camino
Planning 2 weeks of Camino Norte in May 2019
I'm going to take 8-9 days to get from Irun to Bilbao, and then another 8 days to get to Santander. I would like to send some food to Bilbao and pick it up for the second stint to Santander. I'd like to have it sent to the Correos Bulegoa in the Txurdinaga region of Bilbao, but I really don't want to get there only to be told that it had been there for too long and had been sent back. Does anyone know how long Correos generally keep packages or even better, as they may vary from one place to another, does anyone know how long Correos Bulegoa will keep packages? Thank you so much

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
From the Correos website:
With PAQ PEREGRINO, CORREOS sends luggage, suitcases or bags along the Camino de Santiago. This service allows pilgrims to send suitcases and packages to the post office in Santiago de Compostela or to any othe Correos post office along the Camino. We keep it there for up to 75 days so you can pick it up when you arrive.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I'm going to take 8-9 days to get from Irun to Bilbao, and then another 8 days to get to Santander. I would like to send some food to Bilbao and pick it up for the second stint to Santander. I'd like to have it sent to the Correos Bulegoa in the Txurdinaga region of Bilbao, but I really don't want to get there only to be told that it had been there for too long and had been sent back. Does anyone know how long Correos generally keep packages or even better, as they may vary from one place to another, does anyone know how long Correos Bulegoa will keep packages? Thank you so much
If you post it like this:
Lista de Correos (Your name + you can add "peregrino/a")
Address of the post office, town etc.
it should cost you normal price for the package and it will wait for you 14 days. The 75 days @VNwalking posted above is part of the Paq Mochilla service offered by Correos and you'll pay more.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads