• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How long will correos keep packages

Peregrino2019

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning 2 weeks of Camino Norte in May 2019
I'm going to take 8-9 days to get from Irun to Bilbao, and then another 8 days to get to Santander. I would like to send some food to Bilbao and pick it up for the second stint to Santander. I'd like to have it sent to the Correos Bulegoa in the Txurdinaga region of Bilbao, but I really don't want to get there only to be told that it had been there for too long and had been sent back. Does anyone know how long Correos generally keep packages or even better, as they may vary from one place to another, does anyone know how long Correos Bulegoa will keep packages? Thank you so much

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
From the Correos website:
With PAQ PEREGRINO, CORREOS sends luggage, suitcases or bags along the Camino de Santiago. This service allows pilgrims to send suitcases and packages to the post office in Santiago de Compostela or to any othe Correos post office along the Camino. We keep it there for up to 75 days so you can pick it up when you arrive.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm going to take 8-9 days to get from Irun to Bilbao, and then another 8 days to get to Santander. I would like to send some food to Bilbao and pick it up for the second stint to Santander. I'd like to have it sent to the Correos Bulegoa in the Txurdinaga region of Bilbao, but I really don't want to get there only to be told that it had been there for too long and had been sent back. Does anyone know how long Correos generally keep packages or even better, as they may vary from one place to another, does anyone know how long Correos Bulegoa will keep packages? Thank you so much
If you post it like this:
Lista de Correos (Your name + you can add "peregrino/a")
Address of the post office, town etc.
it should cost you normal price for the package and it will wait for you 14 days. The 75 days @VNwalking posted above is part of the Paq Mochilla service offered by Correos and you'll pay more.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.