• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How long will it take to cycle from Lisbon to Santiago ?

cyril

Hi, hope someone can give me an idea of how long it would take to cycle from Lisbon to Santiago, i was thinking about 2-3 weeks, does this sound reasonable ? Im an average cyclist, not too slow, but then again not too fast either ! Any feedback would be well received, thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The official distance between Lisbon and Santiago De Compostela is 288 miles or 463km. If you are a 50km per day cyclist you could easily cover the distance in 10 days.
If you want to cycle for two to three weeks you could start in Lagos which 14 miles or 183km from Lisbon (646km from Santiago). And then you could cycle the Fisterra-Muxia route as well.

The official distance between Lisbon and Santiago De Compostela is 288 miles or 463km. If you are a 50km per day cyclist you could easily cover the distance in 10 days.
If you want to cycle for two to three weeks you could start in Lagos which 14 miles or 183km from Lisbon (646km from Santiago). And then you could cycle the Fisterra-Muxia route as well.
Hi all,

I would like to cycle the route back from Santiago to Lisbon. I am looking for a good source of information as to gradient and on/off road routes. I will be on a decent mountain bike this time although I managed to complete the Camino del Norte in July 2014 on a very regular city bike. I can cycle 50km a day average with sight seeing or 100km at a push to reach Lisbon in time to get home! Any recommendations for cycling Camino Portugues: as websites, other forum users or even books welcome. Thanks.

I have found walkers to be very willing to help but cycling their routes is sometimes impossible on a bike.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back