• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how long

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Forrest said:
any guess how long it might take?
As long as you may want to or can. There are no time limitations to walking the Camino Francés. :wink:

I am 48 almost, overweight and I can do 10 miles for sure ... I think ican do more. I am not doing the Frances due to time restrictions but will be leaving valenca portugal with the goal of getting to santiago in 5 days. Do a couple of lon walks and see how you feel, how o8ng you can go thhen figure it out from there. Buen camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
BTW we may be arriving in sdc about the same time... we should be there the 29th or so. We leave ny on the june20th with some sightseeing and visit to Fatima first.

I am 59...fat...leaving in 11 days. I have been training for months and the max I have done in a day was last week at 16 miles with about 9 pounds on my back. Today with a full pack around 12 pounds and I pooped out at about 10. It was raining so we stopped and I had a beer...bad choice..it zap all my energy. I came back with my back raw from my bra and pack rubbing and my ankles and two inches up raw from my socks rubbing. Training not only helps get you ready but also helps with trying to solve problems before you walk.

However long your camino might be advance training is always SO important. Those who have never walked can experience the feel of a loaded backpack by carrying 6 kilos/13 pounds of potatoes continually for at least six hours around the house rarely sitting down. Joking aside you need to train both your body and your mind. Remember you will be walking day after day in all kinds of weather and varied terrain for several weeks!! Since I am old my average is 20 km per day for 55 days to walk from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago and continuing to Finisterre. Hence at each camino day's end what a great pleasure it is to simply SIT!

Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much... Ralph Waldo Emerson, Country Life, 1858

Carpe Diem.

Margaret Meredith

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back