• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How many days?

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know how many days did it take you to walk from Le Puy to SJPP?

Bon chemin,
Sonn
:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Some fast walkers? Or on a fixed schedule?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As they say, it depends. I would say the average seems to be about 35 days, with a range from 30 to 40. Some people are fast walkers. Some take rest days or side trips, or pause to visit friends. Sometimes the weather is bad, and some spend those days under cover while others walk. Some take a bus or train or taxi or Transbagages transport over a segment or two.

No plan survives intact after first contact with reality.

A walk without rushing,
Enjoying the villages with a lunch time finish
Having 1 or 2 rest days { Conques/Cahors/Figeac/Moissac]....washing, e/mails, shopping for new clothes [ take the old golf tops that never return] or just discovering minor walks
And you are over 40 days.

It can be done a lot quicker but when you get home you will wonder why.

It took me 24 days, but I probably would have enjoyed it more if I slowed down a bit. =)

-- Ryan

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
55. Maybe a bit more. Sagalouts streaked past me in Conques. I just let him go. I knew he'd crack and have to take a bus. Sure enough...

But my best sustained performance was on the Frances. Five days to get from Ponferrada to Villafranca, about 25k. I was on fire!

Hi Robert,
The only time i ever hurried was putting the water in the kegs before opening.
Imagine having a pub with John Sattler on the Gold Coast and no fights on a friday night.
One in Eight Sagalouts was legal [undetected and profitable].
Take your time old timer on these walks.

We only go home to the paper trail/bills/mail etc
A lovely time frame Robert.
Have many more ,
David

David, you had a pub with Satts? 30 weeks of suspensions and 15 send-offs! Yet they tell me he is a perfect gentleman when you're not disputing a football with him.

Never mind about the beer, you can't make a Qld brew worse than it already is, no matter what you tip into it.

Yeah, I just take the full 90 days allowed by Schengen, and wherever I wind up, that's where I wind up. I also like to leave a few days for a surprise city on the way home, so I don't have a long train ride back to Paris or Madrid. Last time it was Segovia for a few days. Scrumptious town. Can't see the point of rushing these things. If I get to Arles on my next one, I won't be rushing through that town, or through the Camargue. Too many good things to check out. Plus I am slow and lazy, but ssssh...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow! Some impressive timeframes.

Alas, I intend on using all 38 days on this wonderful camino.

Thanks for sharing guys!

:)

Thornley said:
A walk without rushing,
Enjoying the villages with a lunch time finish
Having 1 or 2 rest days { Conques/Cahors/Figeac/Moissac]....washing, e/mails, shopping for new clothes [ take the old golf tops that never return] or just discovering minor walks
And you are over 40 days.

It can be done a lot quicker but when you get home you will wonder why.

I agree

but taking too long has its downside too, I did this on my 2012 Camino , what I found was that I never formed any friendships because everyone that I connected I rarely saw again because I was walking my Camino casual. When I finally arrived in Santiago I met no-one that I had walked with ( except for an elderly German that remembered me from 2011, that was nice ) I think 40 days is a good pace with a few 2 day stops .

35 days for my wife and I but we diverted off the path at Lectoure and travelled south to Lourdes instead.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Did you take a bus from Lectoure to Auch or did you walk it? I am thinking of going to Lourdes from Lectoure this June.
Hi Carole

We walked this section in two longish days from the Le Puy route to the Arles route. I will try to find the hand drawn map I used and post it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Carole

Here is the section from lectoure to auch

http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZE1.12.veL_Lec-Auch.htm

The second section from the Arles route to Lourdes

http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZE1.12.veL_Mau-Lou.htm

A summary of our walk

http://littlegreentracs.typepad.com...iensis-le-puy-en-velay-to-lourdes-france.html

Let me know if you need anything else

Hi,

Your help in this matter is most appreciated. In 2011 my husband and I walked from SJPP to Finistere. I have never been to France, and I speak French (Quebec French - it still counts). Walking to Lourdes means a lot to me. I did the pilgrimage walks in Quebec to St. Joseph Oratoire and Ste. Anne de Beaupre.
still saying the Hail Mary - powerful prayer as you get older,
Thank you - all the best on this day,
Carole

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back