• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How many miles?

scott

Hi I am a bit confused the whole walk is from the tour in parris is 450 miles and takes 5 weeks to finish? I have watched different videos but they are all saying different info. Thanks for the help. Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not exactly sure what you mean by "whole walk." There are Caminos all over Europe. There are other Caminos inside Spain itself. Ultimately, most of them join at some point before Santiago. When people are talking about "the" Camino or the Camino Frances, they are usually referring to the Camino which begins in St. Jean, France (at the foot of the Pyrenees) and ending in Santiago, Spain. That walk is 495 miles and takes the average person between 33 and 43 days to complete.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I guess they are saying its the traditional trail? However I would like to start from parris.

Scott,

If you are planning to start from Paris be sure to check out the Forum section ‹ Routes in France ‹ The Tours route which covers walking from Paris to SJPdP. Scanning those posts you will find much useful information including a handy list of all Parisian locations relevant to the medieval Camino.

Also posted there is news of the 2012 guide to this French route La Via Turonensis from Paris to Spain - on Kindle. Written by fellow Forum member Sillydoll this is a MUST for anyone seeking an up to date English guide for following this historic route.

Also while in Paris stop in at the offices of Compostelle 2000, 26 rue de Sevigne located on the right bank in the historic Marais district. They provide information and planning assistance for pilgrims in the Paris region.

Bon chemin,

MM

Ok so I was sadly mistaken about the distance. Lol from parris to santiago is over 1000 miles! I was way off! Yea I will be doing the French way next year at the same time. Also what is the weather like in spain about this time?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You will be passing through some magnificent cathedral cities, Orleans (!!!), Blois (!), Tours (!!), Poitiers (!!) all are fascinating all shout for more than a pasing glance as you pass through. They will add time to your walk and should all be given much attention.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back