• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How many pilgrims on Mozárabe on may?

Mitro

Hi!

I'm planning to walk the camino Mozárabe early this May. (From Malaga, via Gordoba, via Merida to the Via de la Plata) I would be interested to know how many other pilgrims there are to walk this route? Is it very quiet route?

If I'd prefer some company, would it be better to start from Sevilla and do the Via de la Plata instead? I'm walking alone.

Kindly,

Mitro :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked the Mozarabe last Sept/ Oct and did not meet any pilgrims. This is an isolated trail , so I would be very surprised if you met any pilgrims.

Good luck on your Camino.

Sandra

Camino12 said:
I walked the Mozarabe last Sept/ Oct and did not meet any pilgrims. This is an isolated trail , so I would be very surprised if you met any pilgrims.

Good luck on your Camino.

Sandra

Sandra,

Did you walk the Mozarabe and then join Via de la Plata all the way to Santiago? How did it go for you? I'd like to walk the same route alone. Did you feel safe?

Thanks,
Agnes

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Agnes,

Yes, I walked the Mozarabe to Merida, then joined the VDLP to Montamarta ( just past Zamora) where I joined the Camino Sanabres and walked via Ourense to Santiago. After 3 days in Santiago I continued on to Finisterre. I arrived in Santiago on day 60. I was fortunate to have plenty of time.

The first section is very lonely-----I did not meet any peregrinos until I joined the VDLP on day 24. I stayed in Hostals and found the Spanish people to be very friendly and helpful. This section is certainly not a "walk in the park", but it , and the whole trip was an amazing life experience. From Aljucen I met others until Salamanca. I was then alone again until I started the Sanabres, when I met a Spanish pilgrim who walked with me for 6 days-----he then walked on to Muxia. From Requejo I then walked alone to Santiago. I did stay in some Albergues when on the VDLP and Sanabres, but also hostals and Casa Rurals.

At all times I felt completely safe. I only had about 20 Spanish words, so was not fluent in the Spanish language !! During my time on the road I met so many Camino Angels, so I always felt I was being cared for. Unfortunately, I did have a problem with my left foot , making walking very difficult at times. In retrospect I should have seen a physiotherapist , but of course I just kept walking !! Anyway, I suppose there has to be some price when one walks 1300kms at the age of 65.

Feel free to PM me if you want any specific details.

Sandra

I am currently walking camino from malaga to santiago ! I left malaga 6 days ago and have just arrived in santa cruz! Have yet to see any other pilgrims!

I am currently walking camino from malaga to santiago ! I left malaga 6 days ago and have just arrived in santa cruz! Have yet to see any other pilgrims!

Well it is Summer time now, so very few pilgrims I suppose... I'll be there in just two Days! :O)

/BP

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

We have now completed the Camino Mozarabe, walking from Almeria to Merida. Gerard and I documented our walk, in English and Dutch, in our Find Penguins blog, which you can access here...
Our suggestions for updates to the Mozerabe Guide 1.Ocaña: We had some trouble finding the albergue. Keep following the Camino route and look for the blue albergue marker beside the church. The...
The Almería Association has just published a book compiling the comments of female pilgrims from all over. The presentation of the book was last week in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back