A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

How much cloths for 10 day walk ?

Camino(s) past & future
2017 2018
This day next week I go to walk 10 days.I am thinking cloths wise; 4 pairs socks,2 under vests,4 boxer shorts,2 shirts,boots,light shoes,pullover,windproof jacket,rain cape,hat.I plan to wash cloths as I travel.I am male 64 and don't want to be carrying too much weight.I would appreciate comments.Also I have first 4 nights pre booked in alborgoes and plan to book the rest when walking as I go.as I said feedback welcome

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
This day next week I go to walk 10 days.I am thinking cloths wise; 4 pairs socks,2 under vests,4 boxer shorts,2 shirts,boots,light shoes,pullover,windproof jacket,rain cape,hat.I plan to wash cloths as I travel.I am male 64 and don't want to be carrying too much weight.I would appreciate comments.Also I have first 4 nights pre booked in alborgoes and plan to book the rest when walking as I go.as I said feedback welcome
I think you might want to reduce the socks and underwear down to 3 pairs also do you need a wind jacket if you have a pullover? I would suggest one or the other.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
2 pair of socks
2 boxer shorts
Crocs or sandals instead of "light shoes"

One change of clothes is all you need. Choose items that have dual use: rain cape can serve as windproof jacket, for example.

If you feel you need to book, doing it just one day in advance is all you need, and that will be to keep from wandering town to look for a bed, not because there won't be beds available. If you push yourself to reach a reservation, you may regret it even on a ten day walk.

2 pair of socks
2 boxer shorts
Crocs or sandals instead of "light shoes"

One change of clothes is all you need. Choose items that have dual use: rain cape can serve as windproof jacket, for example.
My pack is the same no matter how many days I walk. I have only one suggestion based on experience. Over the years I have added one extra pair of socks and underwear after an unfortunate incident on the Levante when one pair of underwear was blown away, never to be found. I am also hard on socks and they often end up with holes.

In case of a bind, you can always find what you need at a Bazaar Chino. Most towns have one and fortunately they are open when all else is closed. I always walk around, even if I do not need anything. Amazing stores!

Buen Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
2017 2018
My pack is the same no matter how many days I walk. I have only one suggestion based on experience. Over the years I have added one extra pair of socks and underwear after an unfortunate incident on the Levante when one pair of underwear was blown away, never to be found. I am also hard on socks and they often end up with holes.

In case of a bind, you can always find what you need at a Bazaar Chino. Most towns have one and fortunately they are open when all else is closed. I always walk around, even if I do not need anything. Amazing stores!

Buen Camino!
Ah thank you for your wise feedback

Tuaruin

Camino(s) past & future
Sanabres.
Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago.
Ingles.
Consider walking in lightweight trail runners. An ounce on your feet equates roughly to five carried on your back. They have the added benefits of being gentler on you feet, better breathing and faster drying.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis, Fall 2016
Friend, you need a minimal amount of clothing and gear for 10 days. Be ruthless and pair down your list furthe . . . no "want"s and all "needs." It's all about functionality and weight.

J F Gregory

Portugal Central - October 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (March-April,2016) finished, (October 2019) Portuguese Central Route.
I travel frequently and as far as clothing is concerned I wear a set and carry a set. 2 pair of socks( smart wool), 2 'T' shirts( smart wool), one nice button shirt which I may or may not wear to a nice restaurant or church. 1 light fleece and a rain jacket. Depending on the season winter waterproof hiking boots, spring and summer and autum trail runners and a pair of flip flops. And base ball cap.

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
Walked 11 days in June. Pack weighed 9 lbs.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%