• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How much cloths for 10 day walk ?

roamingpaddy

Time of past OR future Camino
This day next week I go to walk 10 days.I am thinking cloths wise; 4 pairs socks,2 under vests,4 boxer shorts,2 shirts,boots,light shoes,pullover,windproof jacket,rain cape,hat.I plan to wash cloths as I travel.I am male 64 and don't want to be carrying too much weight.I would appreciate comments.Also I have first 4 nights pre booked in alborgoes and plan to book the rest when walking as I go.as I said feedback welcome

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This day next week I go to walk 10 days.I am thinking cloths wise; 4 pairs socks,2 under vests,4 boxer shorts,2 shirts,boots,light shoes,pullover,windproof jacket,rain cape,hat.I plan to wash cloths as I travel.I am male 64 and don't want to be carrying too much weight.I would appreciate comments.Also I have first 4 nights pre booked in alborgoes and plan to book the rest when walking as I go.as I said feedback welcome
I think you might want to reduce the socks and underwear down to 3 pairs also do you need a wind jacket if you have a pullover? I would suggest one or the other.

2 pair of socks
2 boxer shorts
Crocs or sandals instead of "light shoes"

One change of clothes is all you need. Choose items that have dual use: rain cape can serve as windproof jacket, for example.

If you feel you need to book, doing it just one day in advance is all you need, and that will be to keep from wandering town to look for a bed, not because there won't be beds available. If you push yourself to reach a reservation, you may regret it even on a ten day walk.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think you might want to reduce the socks and underwear down to 3 pairs also do you need a wind jacket if you have a pullover? I would suggest one or the other.
Thank you ,yes I think I will heed your advice especially as you are veteran :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
2 pair of socks
2 boxer shorts
Crocs or sandals instead of "light shoes"

One change of clothes is all you need. Choose items that have dual use: rain cape can serve as windproof jacket, for example.

My pack is the same no matter how many days I walk. I have only one suggestion based on experience. Over the years I have added one extra pair of socks and underwear after an unfortunate incident on the Levante when one pair of underwear was blown away, never to be found. I am also hard on socks and they often end up with holes.

In case of a bind, you can always find what you need at a Bazaar Chino. Most towns have one and fortunately they are open when all else is closed. I always walk around, even if I do not need anything. Amazing stores!

Buen Camino!

My pack is the same no matter how many days I walk. I have only one suggestion based on experience. Over the years I have added one extra pair of socks and underwear after an unfortunate incident on the Levante when one pair of underwear was blown away, never to be found. I am also hard on socks and they often end up with holes.

In case of a bind, you can always find what you need at a Bazaar Chino. Most towns have one and fortunately they are open when all else is closed. I always walk around, even if I do not need anything. Amazing stores!

Buen Camino!
Ah thank you for your wise feedback

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Consider walking in lightweight trail runners. An ounce on your feet equates roughly to five carried on your back. They have the added benefits of being gentler on you feet, better breathing and faster drying.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Friend, you need a minimal amount of clothing and gear for 10 days. Be ruthless and pair down your list furthe . . . no "want"s and all "needs." It's all about functionality and weight.

I travel frequently and as far as clothing is concerned I wear a set and carry a set. 2 pair of socks( smart wool), 2 'T' shirts( smart wool), one nice button shirt which I may or may not wear to a nice restaurant or church. 1 light fleece and a rain jacket. Depending on the season winter waterproof hiking boots, spring and summer and autum trail runners and a pair of flip flops. And base ball cap.

Since you are only a week away from your trip, I wouldn't switch up your shoes. Wear what has been working for you. You don't want to make a change now without any time to road test your new shoes. Take what works.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Walked 11 days in June. Pack weighed 9 lbs.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back