• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How much does it cost to ship luggage from Portugal to Santiago with the post office?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the Portuguese post office website (feb. 2017) using the "Encomendas" shipping rate. Now, I am not an expert in portuguese, but I think this is correct. These rates are: (Spain is in "Zone 1", the left column).

Remember that the largest box that the portuguese post office sell is very small. You might want to get a larger box before you go to the post office.

https://www.ctt.pt/correio-e-encomendas/enviar-correio/opcoes-de-envio/encomendas.html#panel2-1

You can find a post office here:
https://www.ctt.pt/feapl_2/app/open/stationSearch/stationSearch.jspx?lang=def

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 11.14.28.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 11.14.39.png
Rates from february 2017.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 11.12.36.png

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.