• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How much does it cost to ship within Spain using the post office?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Below are the prices for 2017 for shipping parcels within mainland Spain. The price with tax is the column all the way to the right. As you can see the prices are given up to 15kg. After that it is €1,- per any additional kilo. I think the max is 25 or 30kg.

If you need a box, that would be an additional 4-5 euros.

PAQ 72
(Delivery within 72 hours)
Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 07.44.51.png

PAQ 48 (delivery within 48 hours)
Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 07.44.29.png

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How much will it cost to ship my bag to Santiago from Lisbon and where do I go in Lisbon to ship it to you?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good morning,

I am presuming that the forum owner Ivar monitors these threads.

If I understand your casaivar site, you'll store a suitcase for me for 60 days for EUR25.

May I ask pls for you to post the current intra-Spanish shipping rates? I'm spending a couple of days in San Sebastian beforehand so that might be the simplest solution to having my luggage waiting in Santiago.

Also, is it safe to assume a post office (or Correos) or some such will be open on a Sunday (I'm guessing not)? And thus what time are they open till on Saturdays please?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If I understand your casaivar site, you'll store a suitcase for me for 60 days for EUR25.
Yes, this is correct...
http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/sending-instructions.html
May I ask pls for you to post the current intra-Spanish shipping rates?
Have a look here (it depends on weight and size)
https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite..._paqueteria/detalle_de_producto-sidioma=en_GB
Also, is it safe to assume a post office (or Correos) or some such will be open on a Sunday (I'm guessing not)? And thus what time are they open till on Saturdays please?
The post office is not open on Sundays... most of them are open Saturdays until 1400 or 14.30... have a look here:
https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite...herramientas_y_apps/detalle_app-sidioma=en_GB
... for the office you are thinking of using.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Good morning,

I am presuming that the forum owner Ivar monitors these threads.

May I ask pls for you to post the current intra-Spanish shipping rates? I'm spending a couple of days in San Sebastian beforehand so that might be the simplest solution to having my luggage waiting in Santiago.

You can find pricing abd other information on the Correos site https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite..._paqueteria/detalle_de_producto-sidioma=en_GB

If you are sending to me, please do not use this rate (Pilgrim rate) since this does not include delivery at destination (the parcel stops at the Santiago post office) and it does not include a notice to me saying that there is a parcel waiting for me at the post office. In other words, if you use this rate.. I will not receive the parcel. If you are sending it to the Santiago post office for storage there, this will of course work well.

For sending it to me, please use "Paquete Azul".

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm glad someone started this post, I have a large envelope to send to Ivar from Saville at the beginning of Feb, it weighs less the a Kilo. I thought of sending it from Santiponce on a Monday morning, anyone know what time the PO opens in the morning?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It appears I was somewhat rude and did not reply to offer my thanks for those who responded to my questions in this thread.

Allow me to rectify this now.

Thank you both.

Ivar, thank you for this service. I am spending the night in Santiago before transferring to my starting point. Is it possible to drop off my bag in person rather than shipping it? Thanks again,

TZ

Ivar, thank you for this service. I am spending the night in Santiago before transferring to my starting point. Is it possible to drop off my bag in person rather than shipping it? Thanks again,

TZ
Yes, of course as long as you can make my hours:

My summer hours are:
- Weekdays: 10am to 2pm and 4pm to 5pm
- Weekends: Saturday 10am to 11am and Sunday 8pm to 8.30pm

You can find me here:

...or search for "Casa Ivar" in google maps.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.