Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

How should we pronounce Ivar?

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I watch your wonderful posts every Monday, or this week Tuesday, and you never introduce yourself. I wonder how to say your name, Ivar. And I want to thank you for all you do for the pilgrim community. I hope to meet you someday.
And more importantly, is he related to Ivar's Chowder? 😄
Ivars-Clam-Chowder-2.jpg

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
I watch your wonderful posts every Monday, or this week Tuesday, and you never introduce yourself. I wonder how to say your name, Ivar. And I want to thank you for all you do for the pilgrim community. I hope to meet you someday.

I have heard Ivar introduced on a few different videos now, and one kind of “ted Talk” type thing — it begins with a sound like Yves and then ahr. Evahr Rek- vé. With apologies to linguists for my orthographie.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

zenofmatthew

Past OR future Camino
The dimensions of
length and breadth are now unplanned,
depth and time are cast.
Maybe like the Mel Brooks film "Young Frankenstein": EYE-gor.
Lol, I don't know, I just love that movie.

Yes of course. I was mostly joking about the movie
I am looking at a theater poster from the movie right now. I thought the same thing. I'd be remiss in my fandom of both the movie and the Camino if I didn't say,

"Walk this way."

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Sharonih

Past OR future Camino
CF (SJPdP to Santiago) March 15, 2018
Good question as I Canadian I pronounce it I-ver but using the proper pronunciation would be better

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads