• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

👋 Introduce yourself or register your start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just noticed the calendar button for the first time today and this was my first search looking for more information so I will have to try it out.

For the more simple minded people like myself, the thread tools shows up on a brand new post, not in response to one. Cool feature.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
HELP! OK would some one please tell me what I am doing wrong, or not doing correctly. No matter where I look, click on, hover over I can not bring up the "Thread Tools" link. The advise/instructions that it is " to the right of " your initial post" brings no success. So would some one send me a screen shot of what I am supposed to looking at/for. Thanks in advance.
It only shows up on threads you have started yourself.

It only shows up on threads you have started yourself.
Alright - but that little fact seems to have been omitted from the instructions. So if I want something posted on the Camino Calendar I have start a "new post"- seems like re-inventing the wheel when "tagging" would be a lot simpler/easier (at least from my point of view). Cheers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Alright - but that little fact seems to have been omitted from the instructions. So if I want something posted on the Camino Calendar I have start a "new post"- seems like re-inventing the wheel when "tagging" would be a lot simpler/easier (at least from my point of view). Cheers
I agree.. the instructions was a bit confusing... I updated it now.

The plugin I use works like this, it would be quite a bit of work for me to re-write the whole thing... so hopefully we can work with this.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

All too complicated for an old-timer :(.
I'd prefer to click on the date and just enter text. Maybe a box could come up with basic headings - all optional - "Start location: Name: Home location: Number of days [anticipated]: final destination if not SdC." something along those lines.
Thanks to Ivar for all the hard work you put into this forum, which provides so much help and information.
Buen camino from an old timer [who's still trying to work out how to use his iPhone] .....

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No, I mean the email in your forum signature, the one that is shown publicly below every post you write, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear all,

Adding your date to this calendar is a two step process:
  1. Start a new thread (maybe in the Camino Introduction section?) announcing your Camino with as much/little information that you feel comfortable with.
  2. Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial posts and select "Calendar Add".
    View attachment 15493
  3. You then enter the start date of your Camino and press "Submit" to add it to the Calendar.
This will create a link in the Calendar (on your date) to the Thread you created about your camino plans.

If people thinks this is an easier way comparted to the old calendar, I will disconitnue the old calendar in a few weeks. If this happens, dates entered in the old calendar will be lost (there are not many).

Please let me know what you think.

Happy holidays and a happy new year!!
Ivar

hi I followed all your instructions but it does not show on the calendar . Any suggestions

Dear all,

1. Start a new thread (maybe in the Camino Introduction section?) announcing your Camino with as much/little information that you feel comfortable with.
  2. Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial posts and select "Calendar Add".
    View attachment 15493
  3. You then enter the start date of your Camino and press "Submit" to add it to the Calendar.
This will create a link in the Calendar (on your date) to the Thread you created about your camino plans.

If people thinks this is an easier way comparted to the old calendar, I will disconitnue the old calendar in a few weeks. If this happens, dates entered in the old calendar will be lost (there are not many).

Ivar
Worked great , thanks Ivar .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I like this method. I just happened to look at the calendar yesterday, saw a link in a date, clicked it and discovered a good thread of introduction that I had missed and that had long disappeared from view. As that date approaches, probably more people will join in to update plans for that date.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@ivar Can you put the short version of the instructions also on top of the calendar board? Pretty please and many thanks! SY

Dear all,

View attachment 15493

Ivar
This is much more difficult been trying for ages and just saw your thread And now I try to start one and it says new topic, is that the same? Also, maybe consider different calendar for Portuguese?

Awesome! Looking forward to creating my post and adding to the calendar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good morning Ivar.
There are still quite a few things missing from the Calendar.
May 2018 is completely blank.
My own post there is missing plus several others.
Hope you can fix it.
Thanks.
Sheena

May 2018 is completely blank.

There are some entries for May now - not sure if yours is there or not.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 10.45.09.png

The calendar is a great idea and it's easy to add something to it but a small issue I have is that when someone enters a start date and an end date, the link to their post appears every day in between. I think this will clog up the calendar a lot and doesn't really help people find other pilgrims starting around the same time and from the same place as them.

There are some entries for May now - not sure if yours is there or not.

View attachment 39185

The calendar is a great idea and it's easy to add something to it but a small issue I have is that when someone enters a start date and an end date, the link to their post appears every day in between. I think this will clog up the calendar a lot and doesn't really help people find other pilgrims starting around the same time and from the same place as them.
I totally agree. I find the Calendar very confusing now, because it's hard to know when someone is actually starting the Camino. Not to mention odd things like "injured toe". I think that the end date field should be removed.

This is what July looks like

Camino calendar.jpg

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Totally agree with ‘jungleboy’ and ‘trecile’ above.

I think the calendar was easier to understand before it was updated.

Maybe if a person wants to enter an end date, could it be put in with the further details of their Camino when you click on the entry?

Do you think this might work?

Hi , the only thing we have to do is , just enter your starting date and no end date.

In my honest opinion it's no rocket science .;)

I have been trying to get people to just enter their start date, but I guess the message has not gotten across.

This plug-in is just a regular calendar, so there is no special feature I can activate for people to only be allowed to enter one date.... even so, I will have a look what I can do.

I guess it is still better than no calendar? Will look into it...

Greetings from finally sun and heat in Santiago,
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just to say that Ivar has changed the instructions when you add your dates. When you see the “end date” option, you will be told not to enter your end date (older instructions just said it was optional). And the mods now have the ability to edit calendar dates, so that if someone inadvertently puts in their end date and we get that string, we can remove it and just put in the start date.

Hope that more people will now be using the calendar, knowing that only start dates are showing!

Just to say that Ivar has changed the instructions when you add your dates. When you see the “end date” option, you will be told not to enter your end date (older instructions just said it was optional). And the mods now have the ability to edit calendar dates, so that if someone inadvertently puts in their end date and we get that string, we can remove it and just put in the start date.

Hope that more people will now be using the calendar, knowing that only start dates are showing!
Where do I find the calendar?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Where do I find the calendar?

I had to ask that question recently, too. If you are on a standard computer, you should see it up above this post, one of a long line of tabe, including forum store, camino passport, forums, etc etd. Calendar is way over on the right before your screen name

If you are on an ipad, though, the screen is not big enough to show all the tabs, so you have to click on the arrow to move on down the line. I've been adding the dates of people who mention their dates in threads, so the more the merrier! Buen camino, Laurie

And p.s., you can only post your start date if you have a thread that announces your start date and then you click on calendar up at the top of the thread. If you can't figure that out, and if you post a thread with your start date in the body of the message, I will be able to add the post to the calendar on the date you specify. It is a rare day when I can help out with anything technological, so I am anxious to use my new calendar skills. ;)

Just one more thing to add about the Calendar. Once the title of your thread is posted on the calendar, anyone can click on that title and it will bring them back to your thread. Then if people are interested in touching base before starting out, they have your forum info and can contact you either on the thread or by PM.

I was just looking at the calendar to see if anyone is starting at the same time I am, and I noticed that a post that I made was on the calendar. I hadn't added it to the calendar myself. How did it get there?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was just looking at the calendar to see if anyone is starting at the same time I am, and I noticed that a post that I made was on the calendar. I hadn't added it to the calendar myself. How did it get there?
:eek:

Anytime I see a public announcement of a date of departure at the start of a thread, I assume the OP would not mind if the announcement also was posted on the calendar. If that is wrong, and if people object, I will stop doing that. But my sense has been that the calendar is not used because people don't know how to use it, or because they don't know about it, and not because they affirmatively don't want their thread to be linked to the calendar.

:eek:

Anytime I see a public announcement of a date of departure at the start of a thread, I assume the OP would not mind if the announcement also was posted on the calendar. If that is wrong, and if people object, I will stop doing that. But my sense has been that the calendar is not used because people don't know how to use it, or because they don't know about it, and not because they affirmatively don't want their thread to be linked to the calendar.
Thanks, I thought that might have been the case.

If it was easier to post on the calendar, more people would use it, I guess.

€46,-
Villava-Atarrabia Albergue, easier to be post reply here. Would be fun with calendar, but I am not able to figure it out yet.

Dear all,

View attachment 38829

Ivar
Hi Ivar,
It might be helpful to include a link to instructions on the top of the calendar page itself.
Thanks,
Dave

If you can't figure that out, and if you post a thread with your start date in the body of the message, I will be able to add the post to the calendar on the date you specify. It is a rare day when I can help out with anything technological, so I am anxious to use my new calendar skills. ;)
[/QUOTE]

@peregrina2000 : Yes, please. Would you add me to the calendar. I have posted an introduction but can't figure out how to link it to the calendar. Sept 25 start date. Thanks!!

My wife & I from Brisbane are looking for late Aug early Sept start on the CF.

€46,-
Dear all,

View attachment 38829

Ivar
Worked!
However, for me, the three dots lead to a drop down menu that says "Calendar Menu," like this:1622215357408.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just entered my date but how can I see the actual calendar and other pilgrims dates ?
You can find "Calendar" in the Menu at the top. On my phone it is under the icon of 3 lines. On my computer it is a band across the top, but you might need to click to the right.

At the risk of being obtuse about this, is this still the process for putting my Camino dates on the calendar?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m sorry and don’t want to be critical but I can’t work this out. I posted and now can’t find my post. I can’t find the way to add afterwards either.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back