• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to communicate ideas/feedback on how the forum is run

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

Over the last few days we have had several threads touching on the topic of how the forum is run, the forum rules.. what makes sense and what does not.

Feedback is always good. But I ask that you tunnel them in PMs to me or the mods. The reason this is best communicated via PM is that having an open discussion on the forum rule and the way it is run openly....with over hundreds of users (there are over 1000 logged in user visiting the forum every day)... is impossible. We could not agree on anything.

Initially on the forum, the first 5-6 years I think it was... I was the only mod and we had no rules (!!). My idea was that, we are all grown ups and we should know how to behave. After a while, it was clear that we needed some rules... so we made some. We currently have 12.

The moderator team works as a team... we have mods from various parts of the world, to cover time-zones and cultural differences. They represent the normal forum member in a way... the mod team are constantly discussing how the forum is evolving, what we can do better.. and some time we even discuss ideas for new rules. I know this is not visible, but we do. This is why getting in touch with a mod with the feedback you might have is a good idea... that mod can then take this to the rest of the mod team.

All this said, if you feel we can can do some things better.. feel free to PM any of us with ideas... we will take them into consideration.

All public threads talking about these things will be removed or closed...

Hope you understand... now back to camino topics :)

All the best from Santiago,
Ivar

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back