• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to defrag myself in three weeks...

Tanja_camino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Primitivo (2016)
Hi everybody.

Not sure how to put his into words, but I will give it a try.

For months now I`ve been planning my second Camino. (Primitivo, combined with Camino Verde, and then of to Muxia/Finisterra)
The planning was until now really great, and relaxed. Made me happy, made me smile.
Until the last weeks. I am feeling stressed (a lot of that is definitely work related)
Leaving within 8 day`s from now, and all I want to do is to cry. I didn't get half the things I wanted to get done, and time is running out. Diddent book my train ticket yet, either a albergue in Oviedo, and I will get in late..don`t have a credential.....Don`t have my shoes...I brought them in to get them stretched because I had a few blisters on the test walks..but now the place is always closed...what if I don`t get them in time? I wanted to use them every day until I leave.

I wanted to learn some Spanish...didn't get far. It will have to do.

Here at home (leaving a dog and two cats behind for my boyfriend and daughter to look after. Boyfriend the first ten day`s, then my daughter will be there for them until I get home) A lot of worries concerning if it will work out, for all of them. (I don`t have a small poodle, but a big, strong American Stafford....)
Wanted to clean the house from the top to the bottom...well..that one I can definitely forget. o_O

A lot of worries about all the things I wanted to get done at work. I work with grown-ups with special needs...and there is always "needs" that need to be taken care off. My ex-colleague ended up with a Burn Out last year, and since then I tried the best I could to do everything that was needed, included getting new colleagues worked in.

I feel like I am drowning in work, but at the same time, I really need time off now. I need to empty my trash bag and get defragmented.
I am known to be so patient...to patient sometimes. But now I feel like everything is getting too much. My head is bursting from time to time, and I feel empty.

Besides that (if that wasn't enough) I have shin splints in my left foot..normally it goes away with Ibuprofen, but now...it does not. (I`ve been running a lot lately... besides the fact that I hardly sit down at work...)

A lot of worrying as you can see. And I still didn't mention half of it. Needed to get that out of my system. I will NOT bring it with me in my backpack! (For now, that is the one thing that is LIGHT and Ok, and I want to keep it that way)

I know nobody here will have the answers..but needed to put this down somewhere..and this seemed like the perfect place.

If you see me crying (which I will defiantly do from time to time...) hand me a tissue.
If you see me laughing, smile.
If you see me dancing...dance with me.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everybody.

For months now I`ve been planning my second Camino. (Primitivo, combined with Camino Verde, and then of to Muxia/Finisterra)
The planning was until now really great, and relaxed. Made me happy, made me smile.
Until the last weeks. I am feeling stressed (a lot of that is definitely work related)
Leaving within 8 day`s from now, and all I want to do is to cry. I didn't get half the things I wanted to get done, and time is running out. Diddent book my train ticket yet, either a albergue in Oviedo, and I will get in late..don`t have a credential.....Don`t have my shoes...I brought them in to get them stretched because I had a few blisters on the test walks..but now the place is always closed...what if I don`t get them in time? I wanted to use them every day until I leave.

Here at home (leaving a dog and two cats behind for my boyfriend and daughter to look after. Boyfriend the first ten day`s, then my daughter will be there for them until I get home) A lot of worries concerning if it will work out, for all of them. (I don`t have a small poodle, but a big, strong American Stafford....)
Wanted to clean the house from the top to the bottom...well..that one I can definitely forget. o_O

A lot of worries about all the things I wanted to get done at work. I work with grown-ups with special needs...and there is always "needs" that need to be taken care off. My ex-colleague ended up with a Burn Out last year, and since then I tried the best I could to do everything that was needed, included getting new colleagues worked in.

I feel like I am drowning in work, but at the same time, I really need time off now. I need to empty my trash bag and get defragmented.
I am known to be so patient...to patient sometimes. But now I feel like everything is getting too much. My head is bursting from time to time, and I feel empty.

Besides that (if that wasn't enough) I have shin splints in my left foot..normally it goes away with Ibuprofen, but now...it does not. (I`ve been running a lot lately... besides the fact that I hardly sit down at work...)

A lot of worrying as you can see. And I still didn't mention half of it. Needed to get that out of my system. I will NOT bring it with me in my backpack! (For now, that is the one thing that is LIGHT and Ok, and I want to keep it that way)

I know nobody here will have the answers..but needed to put this down somewhere..and this seemed like the perfect place.

If you see me crying (which I will defiantly do from time to time...) hand me a tissue.
You need to read this recent post! Calm down

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Tincatinker.

Yes, my second. I`m still a newbie though. First one was not planned at all. Just jumped right in. Got there then, will get there now. Yet...the more you (think you) know...the more you question.

The dance will be for another time :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I don’t know if this will help you but I’ll try. Ignore it if it doesn’t!
Like you - and many people on here I am sure - I have a lot going on at home. My husband had booked us a week in Spain and ... this time I really didn’t feel like going! To many things not done, too many stresses, worries (children, animals you name it )etc etc.... The list could go on.
I went. (I owed him that, I’m leaving him for 5 weeks soon!) And frankly, the minute I arrived here, all my worries melted away, poooof....Gone!
I think the same may happen to you. Leave it all behind! And the Camino is a much different experience than one week in Alicante :D
Just go.
I wish you all the best :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don’t know if this will help you but I’ll try. Ignore it if it doesn’t!
Like you - and many people on here I am sure - I have a lot going on at home. My husband had booked us a week in Spain and ... this time I really didn’t feel like going! To many things not done, too many stresses, worries (children, animals you name it )etc etc.... The list could go on.
I went. (I owed him that, I’m leaving him for 5 weeks soon!) And frankly, the minute I arrived here, all my worries melted away, poooof....Gone!
I think the same may happen to you. Leave it all behind! And the Camino is a much different experience than one week in Alicante :D
Just go.
I wish you all the best :)

Thank you, I hope my worries will melt away! I will try to leave it behind. Do what I can....and then be very selfish ;)

‘Life’ will always get in the way if we allow it. We seem to demand more and more of ourselves and balance is sometimes hard to find.

It sounds as if you really need to simply ‘be’ ... it’s not being selfish, it’s having compassion for your own being, your own needs.

Trust ...
Walk, dance, laugh, cry, sing, curse, feel blessed ... and return to those whom you love and who love you, with your (obviously) open heart lightened and refreshed.

Buen Camino :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sometimes when I get caught up in too much stress and fretting about what I need to do I sometimes ask myself what was I worrying about this time last year. Without exception I cannot recall what was bothering me one year ago, or 6 months ago.... The point being that whatever is driving us nuts today will, one way or another, sooner or later, get sorted out and the stress of today will be but a hazy memory tomorrow. Rather than focusing on all the things that we are not getting done and on all the things that can go wrong, better to focus on the most important things, do what we can and to know that in the long run most of what we stress about is not important.
Aidan
PS, if we danced I would remember that in 6 months or in one years time :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Cross those first two off your list. Listen to birds, footsteps, your singing, God, others....
Now you can buy your pet food!
And you’ll be almost set to go

And if you don't buy the pet food I'm sure your boyfriend and your daughter know how to buy pet food and will do that for you!

On the camino we learn to let go and ask for help. Try sitting down, taking some time for you and then ask for help - co-workers, friends and family can help if you let them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sounds to me like you need to go on Camino! It will work out.

Having read through all your worries - there is only one thing I would do and that is - to take comfortable sandals. If you shoes don't work for any reason, you have a reasonable alternative.

Last edited:
Hi everybody.

Just sending love and a hug. You have all the words and knowings. When you get out there walking, may you simply be where you are, breathing. Swami Beyondananda says “I woke up this morning and found I am breathing. That’s a very good sign”. ❤️

Too much planning can lead to even more anxiety. Focus on the most important items (footwear) and accept what is undone. Let it go, breathe, and go on your Camino. I bet you won't be concerned if the house is cleaned once you're not in it!

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everybody.

I asked myself: defrag? Defrag? Ok, so I read your post. Now I know. Please, pour a long cool drink, and check out this blog by Ewald. It is not your camino, I don’t think, but it should catch your attention and help you to drop all the stuff. ALL THE STUFF. Buy animal food? Come on! As another poster said, your boyfriend and your daughter can surely do that. Stop it! Just calm down, breathe deeply, and probably by now, having let off steam, you are as happy as Larry and raring to go! Have a ball.
https://ultreiajourneyoflife.wordpress.com/

Hi everybody.

I wonder if we walk our Camino before we start as soon as we make the commitment to walk. I too had many thing go crazy just before leaving including spraining my ankle but somehow it all worked. Take a deep breath and trust will all be ok.

‘Life’ will always get in the way if we allow it. We seem to demand more and more of ourselves and balance is sometimes hard to find.

It sounds as if you really need to simply ‘be’ ... it’s not being selfish, it’s having compassion for your own being, your own needs.

Trust ...
Walk, dance, laugh, cry, sing, curse, feel blessed ... and return to those whom you love and who love you, with your (obviously) open heart lightened and refreshed.

Buen Camino :)

Thank you, needed that one. ;)

Cross those first two off your list. Listen to birds, footsteps, your singing, God, others....
Now you can buy your pet food!
And you’ll be almost set to go

Will do all of it, got time enough to listen to the birds, the footsteps and everything around me. But my music gets me going from time to time, three weeks without would be very difficult :eek:

And if you don't buy the pet food I'm sure your boyfriend and your daughter know how to buy pet food and will do that for you!

On the camino, we learn to let go and ask for help. Try sitting down, taking some time for you and then ask for help - co-workers, friends and family can help if you let them.

Learning to let go...learning to breathe again...And I will try to ask for help from time to time. ;)

Man plans...God laughs!

:p;) True!

Sounds to me like you need to go on Camino! It will work out.

Having read through all your worries - there is only one thing I would do and that is - to take comfortable sandals. If your shoes don't work for any reason, you have a reasonable alternative.

Still, don`t have my shoes. The shop`s owner closes the shop due to football games that he wants to see. I hope and pray he is open tomorrow...otherwise, I will need to go for plan B. He will be charged, however. :cool:

Just sending love and a hug. You have all the words and knowings. When you get out there walking, may you simply be where you are, breathing. Swami Beyondananda says “I woke up this morning and found I
Too much planning can lead to even more anxiety. Focus on the most important items (footwear) and accept what is undone. Let it go, breathe, and go on your Camino. I bet you won't be concerned if the house is cleaned once you're not in it!

Buen Camino!
am breathing. That’s a very good sign”. ❤️

Ohhh, thank you! I will breathe! :)

Buen Camino!

True! I am accepting...;)

I asked myself: defrag? Defrag? Ok, so I read your post. Now I know. Please, pour a long cool drink, and check out this blog by Ewald. It is not your camino, I don’t think, but it should catch your attention and help you to drop all the stuff. ALL THE STUFF. Buy animal food? Come on! As another poster said, your boyfriend and your daughter can surely do that. Stop it! Just calm down, breathe deeply, and probably by now, having let off steam, you are as happy as Larry and raring to go! Have a ball.
https://ultreiajourneyoflife.wordpress.com/

Defragging was the best way I could describe it. Doing my best at the moment. And having that drink.... And I WILL have a ball! :D

I wonder if we walk our Camino before we start as soon as we make the commitment to walk. I too had many thing go crazy just before leaving including spraining my ankle but somehow it all worked. Take a deep breath and trust will all be ok.

I know I started my Camino months ago. I walked it everyday the last months. In my mind, in my thoughts...when I walked the dog...everyday. Now it is time for the real thing! :)

A BIG, huge thank`s for all the answers!

It got me breathing again.

I know I am doing a lot more than I "need" to do. But then, that`s who I am. Always been that way, and the older I get the harder to change.

Asking for help is not something I am used to doing. A combination of several things I guess. And yes, I am a perfectionist. :cool:

That said... of course, my boyfriend and daughter are able to sort out what needs to be done. But I like to think that if I leave everything in the best way possible, I will come back to a clean house and a happy dog and cats and a happy dougher (my boyfriend will meet me in Compostella );)

They are doing me a big favour, so if I can make things a bit easier...that`s what I`ll do. :)

So be careful out there on the Camino, if you meet me. The chance is big that if I cant sleep at night, I WILL get up en rearrange all your shoes according to the brand, colour and size. the chance is also that I will start singing while I am doing this, keeping you all awake.:p

As for now, my schedule of what "needs" to be done is doable. I think :cool:

Leaving Thursday morning! Taking care of my feet at the moment, the shin splints are gone! Whooehooo!

Greetings and Buen Camino!

Tanja

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@Tanja_camino

Quote:
“ I know I am doing a lot more than I "need" to do. But then, that`s who I am. Always been that way, and the older I get the harder to change.

Asking for help is not something I am used to doing. A combination of several things I guess. And yes, I am a perfectionist. :cool:

I can empathise with this, although .....

doing more than you ‘need’ to do seems to drop away somewhat, the older you get .... thankfully :)

And .... the asking for help ... try it, sometimes ;) (as you did on here )
Most of the time, it doesn’t even occur to us to do so, but it can be quite wonderful ... liberating, even ...
and it can be a gift for those from whom we seek it :)

Buen Camino, pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back